captainpooby

Gun owners on the board? Sound off.

i really like mine.i have long fingers so holding it isnt a problem.i did everything to that gun that was done to it in the tests.i put it on a gas stove then used it for a hammer.and i was told that glocks would stovepipe if you shot em upside down.first mag i put in the gun i put in upside down and it didnt have a problem.i figure if h&k is good enough for the navy seals its good enough for me.***if you are going to be stupid you better be tough

I own/collect rifles and pistols and love to shoot. Anyone else?:)

At last count I had 132 some-odd rifles, pistols and shotguns (including black powder but excluding air).

I load for 6 gauges and maybe 30 metallic centerfire calibers (I rate .38/.357 or 10mm/.40S&W as duplicates), from .25acp to .50 BMG, with at least 9 presses of various description.

I guess the answer is a qualified "yes."

Blue skies,

Winsor

I own/collect rifles and pistols and love to shoot. Anyone else?:)

At last count I had 132 some-odd rifles, pistols and shotguns (including black powder but excluding air).

I load for 6 gauges and maybe 30 metallic centerfire calibers (I rate .38/.357 or 10mm/.40S&W as duplicates), from .25acp to .50 BMG, with at least 9 presses of various description.

I guess the answer is a qualified "yes."

Blue skies,

Winsor

ahhhhhhh, yer the dood that was admiring my silence is golden mp5/10sd shirt a couple weekends ago, now i recognise ya from the pic...........we shall have to talk next time.......i see you didnt make it to bruces this past 4th of july.......lots of noise and various .50s this year..........of which i brought 2....
heard u had quite the assortment of toys last time.......this time it was i

Don't forget me. Ruger M77 mark II in 30-06

Venison anyone? B| Plus an old Ithica .22 lever action. Ah, my first plinker. Memories. Assorted this and that. Things come and go fairly frequently. 870, antique european 'derringer,' normal stuff. Anything without sentimental value is up for sale and/or trade.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

OK, I started this.
3 AR15's, 1 AK74(SAR2), Lee Enfield, 590 Mariner, S&W 12 guage (former Alabama DoC), SA loaded 1911. Colt 9mm 1911, G19 (my carry gun), PT111, Berreta Tomcat, Taurus .38 spcl. and 3 AR receivers with enough parts to build two complete rifles.
I have built 2 AR15's so far, just need motivation to finish the other three.
I need a Garand.[:/]
I used to be a motorcycle mechanic before I started working full time in skydiving, and guns, to me, are machines, like bikes. Nothing more, nothing less. Beautifully crafted works of art that are fun to shoot as well!
Not to mention, they could save my life or someone elses if the need arises.
God bless America! Thanks for having me.
By the way, nice thing you guys have here, that Constitution thingy and the 2nd amendment. Pretty handy.;)
Molon Labe!

Anybody wanna weigh in on a .40 Glock? I rented one once and friggin loved it, hella accurate.

Thinking about buying one. Any yays or nays out there?

Had a G23c for a while that I got in a deal with a 590.
It was a nice gun but I dont like compensators on a carry piece and .40 smith ammo was a little expensive back then so I traded it for a Colt Combat Commander.
.40 Glocks have a rep, whether true or not for going kaboom. The arguments rage over why and how on the gun boards.YMMV:)

I grew up hunting here in Montana. Most of my collection is rifles, from 22's up to 300 Win. Mag. I've got a couple 270s. (I really like that caliber for deer size critters and an occaisional elk.) I mostly bowhunt now, but will never get rid of my rifles. I have a couple shotguns for birds, and three pistols mostly for fun.......Steve1

If its more than 30 feet away I shouldnt be shooting at it...them;)

For people, that is generally true. But I was also thinking of target shooting. If it is purely a self-defense gun, then I guess it might serve its purpose. But even hitting something with accuracy at 30', using a 2" barrel, makes me wonder...