michino

What will be the best for me? help

I know about this website, but there isnt informations about weight.. only limitations for height.

Really?

This is basic sizing information. If you would like to provide us or your dealer with your height, weight, inseam, thigh, waist, and chest measurements, we can provide more accurate sizing information. This is just a guide.

Owned by Remi #?

The letter in the size, in this case 'C', refers to the width of the yoke which is the measurement across your shoulders.

The number, 17 or 18, refers to the length of the main lift web in inches. The main lift web runs down your torso, from the three ring area down to the hip junction of the harness. This measurement is usually dictated by your height, more specifically the length of your torso, but for the most part people of similar height have similar torso measurement.

For being 5' 7", the 17" or 18" MLW seems long. I'm 5' 10", and would jump a 17" or 18". If you're trying to go with a longer MLW to make up for having a higher than average weight for your height, you might run into trouble.

The measurement of the lateral, the part of the harness that goes from the hip junction back to the bottom corner of the rig, and the length of the legstraps become an issue for you. A C-17 built for a guy 5' 10" and 160lbs will have a very short lateral, and very shirt legstraps. While the MLW might indeed be 17", the lateral might only be 2" or 3" long. The legstraps, and legpads might be way too short to comfortably get around your legs.

What you need to do is locate a rig jumped by a guy close to your height and weight. If that fails, and you're stuck looking at longer MLW to make up the difference, get the serial number from the seller, and contact Sunpath with your measurements to see if they think it will work. Avoid paying for any rigs, or shipping any rigs to yourself unless Sunpath seems to think it will fit. If they tell you no, then it's a no. Even if they say it would work, make sure you have the right to return any gear after a test fitting.

What you really want is a C-16 with a roomy lateral and longer legpads.

To quickly determine which MLW might fit you best, you need to do a little math.

Take your height in inches. Subtract your inseam measurement (crotch to floor, no shoes) in inches. Then subtract 20. The answer will be the size in inches that should fit you.

Example - I'm 5'8" (68") with a 33" inseam. 68 - 33 - 20 = 15. So a 15" MLW should fit me well, and it does.

Note that this only covers the MLW for an average sized person. It does not address legstrap or lateral length, and it isn't perfect for those with bowling ball shaped bodies (those body types may need more length in the MLW).

I suggest getting your measurements taken and email sunpath and ask them. They would be the best people to answer your question. If you are looking at a specific rig email them the id & they'll tell you if that specific rig will fit you or can be altered to fit you.