crapflinger2000

Attention Snowboarders

Hey all...

I need to upgrade my boots n bindings for the season in a bad way.

Please post your prefs and why (also a brief description, i.e. are the bindings pure strap on, hybrid, etc, etc.). Money is not an object at this stage, comfort and control are.

Danke.

Call me old-school but i stick to traditional Burton strap-in midbacks with a pair of Ride boots. I have Ride Novas that I bought in 99 and they're still great boots, although a little hacked up from over-use.

I'm not a label whore, but I've tried many bindings and always returned to Burton. I do like the new Salomon ones though.

Marz

Let's stay on topic.

Bindings!
Boots!
Brands!
Types!

Burton has the most support thus far. Any competing votes?

What? No Boobies?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Bindings!
Boots!
Brands!
Types!

Bindings= Leather although I've heard cathy cuffs are interesting
Boots=black leather stilleto's of course
Brands= a little too kinky for me, but if I had to make a choice, a lil ole one on the butt
Types=Dominatrixes of course....

What about whips and gags?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Im going snowboarding for the first time at the beginning of next year. I'm going with a friend whos pretty experienced and is lending me all the gear. So our plan so far is, kit me up, take to the top of a steep ass slope, press record on the video camera and i'll learn on the way down!

I've heard that if you skate you need to forget everything about that to start to snowboard because it is totally different. I used to play ice hockey and that helped me straight away with my skiing, picked it up in no time.

Ah well,it's gonna be fun and it'll all be on camera.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

I haven't tried snowboarding yet, but I've heard the learning curve is easier than skiing.

In other words:
It's easier to learn to ski at first but harder to progress to more advanced skiing

It's harder to learn to snowboard but once you got it, it's easier to progress

Any truth to that?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I never tried skiing, I got conned into renting a board in austria once, and i never looked back. The toughest thing was riding a t-bar lift up the side of the mountain. I still have my board here, but it hasnt been used in almost 8 years.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

I have no idea first hand, having only X country skiied aside from boarding, but I have heard that as well.

Personally though, I picked up boarding really quickly, like within a day I could easily make it down the avg greenie, but have been progressing very slowly since.

I think it's bec I am becoming more cautious in my older age. I am going to get a helmet this winter as well, on the theory that feeling a bit more protected will let me go more balls out and progress more...

I have what I feel is the best board on the market. A little company here in Colorado makes them, B-Line, the Maxie model. I hate having to sit down to strap in so I have the KB boots with all the hardware on the outside with Clicker bindings. When I'm on the lift I can loosen the strap on the boot that goes across, and when I'm just walking around, and want more comfort from the boot, I can adjust the back plate on the boot. Right before I get off the lift, I just click in my right boot and I'm ready to go. No sitting around at the top of the lift having to get my bindings on.
BTW, my B-Line board has a life time guarantee :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

well i have a rosiingol board with switch step in bindings that i love and vans bots with an integated hardback....... whil everybody else is straping up after they get off the lift i'm already down the hill or making fun of them for taking so long. the step in i have is pretty nice and i get contact with the top of the board on my heal and toe area instead of being completly on the binding plate like most binding systems...... i recomend step ins......