MirageSkydiver

Cheap gear

Is is possible? ... You bet. Last weekend, a new jumper at my DZ stumbled upon a complete rig (lacking AAD) for ~$1300. It needed about $200 work to make the harness fit. Otherwise, it checked out to be a great deal.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

I'm really new into the sport and I was wondering if buying really cheap gear is bad... my price range atm is about 1000 to 16000. What do you guys think ?????? I really can't afford to go any higher and I'm sick of renting equipment !

You can get a couple rigs for that price, and still have enough for a 50 block of jumps at z-hills.

Even some beer money;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Granted this was about 3 years ago, but I got my first rig for £400 (approx $650) without an AAD. Served me great for 70 jumps, then sold it on for minimal loss,

I guess you could get really shit cheap gear, or you could get decent enough cheap gear. Get someone in the know to check it out and tell you which it is!
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

The price doesn't matter, what matters is if it's airworthy. If your in doubt have a rigger check it out. But hey deals are out there if you don't rush and keep looking. I just scored a 2002 jav odyssey complete rig + aad under 90 jumps in it for 2500.

Do a search on the word "escrow".
BIGUN has a link to some valuable info regarding buying skydiving equipment and it applies to anyone buying or selling from/to anyone, anywhere.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yes it is possible. I have $2425 into my rig. That is with a new AAD, a reserve with only 8 packs no rides and a main with only 200 jumps on it. Look around and ask at the DZ. Most skydivers and especially riggers have gear just shoved back that hasn't been out of the closet for years.