5kyd1vergav

freefly helmets and audibles..

i feel like i only ever ask questions and never have a decent input... but that an issue for another day!

im getting into freeflying and im confused about headgear.

i have an oxygnA3 and have my eyes set on L&B solo ll ( as i have the altitrack to record data and dont need the pro track)

so the real question is: should i stay freeflying my full face and simply install the audible ?
or should i get a new helmet also?

if the latter, any recomendations of helmet which can have the solo esily installed( many helmets look difficult tto fit the audible)

many thanks gav.paece

I use a full face for FF (Cookie G2) with an Optima and a ProTrack. Both fit perfectly. I think most audibles are about the same size, and all of the L&B are close to the same size. Just put it in if it works and you like it, you don't have to spend the money on another helmet. It's mostly personal preference thing anyway.

i feel like i only ever ask questions and never have a decent input... but that an issue for another day!

i have an oxygnA3 and have my eyes set on L&B solo ll ( as i have the altitrack to record data and dont need the pro track)

so the real question is: should i stay freeflying my full face and simply install the audible ?

if the latter, any recomendations of helmet which can have the solo esily installed( many helmets look difficult tto fit the audible)

many thanks gav.paece

full face oxygen helmets are not meant for FF jumping. They do not recomend it for more than belly work. Due to the high speed of free flying, wind can get under the chin and blow the visor off. B|

many thanks gav.paece

full face oxygen helmets are not meant for FF jumping. They do not recomend it for more than belly work. Due to the high speed of free flying, wind can get under the chin and blow the visor off. B|

true but theres ways you can mod it to keep the visor closed. A guy i jump with has one and he attached straps and button clips to the visor and helmet and it wont open during free flying. i tried it and it worked but the visor keeps fogging on me so i took the visor off completely and just use goggles.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

I wouldn't waste your money on another helmet. I would invest it in another audible. My freefly coach told me to always have 2 audibles when freeflying. You'll notice when u start flying in different positions looking at your wrist will cork you out until u get the hang of it. So it's good to have the back up audible just in case your battery runs out batteries. It's very easy to get caught up in the moment while freeflying and it's quite easy to lose altitude awareness. Be safe and enjoy.