ljwobker

a plea for spelling sanity...

I realize this is trivial stuff, but I will feel better about life if I just ask people to spell things correctly when they're posting. I also fully recognize that a lot of folks here do not speak English as a first language, and that English is absolutely horrible about lots of words that sound the same but are spelled and mean different things. All that having been said:

You go into "deep brakes" NOT into "deep breaks".

The canopy has "a nice flare" and NOT "a nice flair".

You can jump "an Optimum 176" and NOT "an Optima 176"

"Infinity" is a parachute system, "Infiniti" is a automobile brand.

PD builds canopies called "Sabre" and "Sabre2" and NOT "Saber" or "Saber2"

I'm sure there are others, but I see these everywhere. Thanks. ;-)

Just yesterday I downsized from a Saber 2 190 to a Triathalon 170. I know it's a big jump, but the 190 was tight in my Infiniti container. Long story short I got scared and chopped it but I don't have an RSL and couldn't find my reserve handle. Luckily, my CYPRESS fired and a beautiful Optima 176 opened nicely. I barely had time to flair but went deep into the breaks and landed safely.

Just yesterday I downsized from a Saber 2 190 to a Triathalon 170. I know it's a big jump, but the 190 was tight in my Infiniti container. Long story short I got scared and chopped it but I don't have an RSL and couldn't find my reserve handle. Luckily, my CYPRESS fired and a beautiful Optima 176 opened nicely. I barely had time to flair but went deep into the breaks and landed safely.

Knot funni :o:o:o

"Infinity" is a parachute system, "Infiniti" is a automobile brand.

No, Infinity is a harness and container system. ;)

PD builds canopies called "Sabre" and "Sabre2" and NOT "Saber" or "Saber2"

PD Doesn't build the Sabre's anymore. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Does that container have any bridal exposure???

Does that container have any bridal exposure???

Yes, it's an older Infiniti. About an inch of bridal exposure

I notice the spelling mistakes too but sometimes they're better spelled wrong.

Like a recovery ark - are we collecting animals for that ark?

I thought that the OP wanted someone help them spell "sanity" from the title, maybe using the correct capitalization would have helped too. :P

Just remember -- if you have to read it aloud to yourself to understand, it's all OK :P

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Then - ordinal: "then it happened!" / "if you're going to have poor grammar then at least spell things correctly."
Than - preference: "rather than do another zoo dive, can't we track?" / "I think the velo 84 is better than the spectre 190 for you because you have mad skillz."

Misspelling can show the level of knowledge of the one you want to answer. Use it as a tool to guide. (and smile)
Take care,
space

That is sometimes true but it is also true that sometimes it is a reflection only of the formal education one has had, which is very different from the level of knowledge they might possess.

I cringe at misspellings but have learned it's a wheat and chaff situation. ;)
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

"Bite" is something you do with your teeth.
"Bight" is a loop of lines stowed on your deployment bag.

Well that explains it. During my Army Airborne days, I always wondered why I wanted to get a bite of my static line. :S

Thanks!
Sincerely,
Kevin