misskriss

Fireman or Electrician??

I would check the switches as well as the fixtures, they could have gone bad. (or) If they were wired by pressing stripped ends into holes in the back of the switch, they can begin to arc with age. ( this procedure [pressing stripped ends into holes] is against code in most places-but not all). If you find this is the case, replace the switch, & use the screws on the side of the switch to make connections, then rap with tape. Do this with power to the circuit OFF!
Feel free to pm with any questions.
D

Speaking of dim lights ..."lites " only refer to piss beer as in Miller Lite.;)

Any way ...GET IT CHECKED NOW !
I CAN QUOTE YOU LOTS OF FIRE STATISTICS IF NEED BE!
YOUR CHILDRENS SAFETY IS WORTH THE TROUBLE AND OR EXPENSE!
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

The fire dept won't do you much good if you've already turned off the breakers and there's no smoke ......thats all they would do and then tell you to call an electrician. I know ....I've been called to hundreds of the same situations and thats the advice I always give.....but if they happen to have a thermal imaging camera they can at least pinpoint where the problem is so you can show the electrician.

Thermal imaging cameras are the best thing since sliced bread in my opinion, but as a firefighter I must say definately call an electrician, but if you have any doubts about your and your kid's safety, get out the house and call 911 from a neighbors, but an electrician will be called sooner or later. I can fight just about any kind of fire, hazardous mataerials, confined space rescue, high angle rope rescue situation that you can find, but do you know what I know about electrcity?.... It's blue and it hurts.;)

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle