misskriss

Fireman or Electrician??

I've looked all over the house and can't find anything......no smoke...but there is a burning smell...electrical. Two lights in seperate rooms dimmed and then went back on at the same time. The smell is still there....upstairs and in the dining room. Any ideas??:o:o Should I call the fire dept or an electrician immediately?

BWHAHAHA....you are sooo funny...LOL :P That was it. How'd you guess...it was just a sad ploy to gain attention from Virginia Beach's finest. I'm cleaning and dusting as we speak so the house will look nice when they do come over.. You'll feel bad if my house catches on fire.

I've looked all over the house and can't find anything......no smoke...but there is a burning smell...electrical. Two lights in seperate rooms dimmed and then went back on at the same time. The smell is still there....upstairs and in the dining room. Any ideas??:o:o Should I call the fire dept or an electrician immediately?

find the curcuit breaker that both those lights are on and turn off that curcuit... then call an electrician in the morning....

the fire dept is going to take an axe to your wall...

I'm cleaning and dusting as we speak so the house will look nice when they do come over..

Do you think they sit around the firehouse talking to one another on how clean peoples houses are? Somehow I don't think it is a topic of discussion:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

And the Lingerie and heels????

Clay, stop it:P:P quit peeking in my window. I'm going now for awhile because the girls and I have to go over our emergency fire escape plan. I'm making them all sleep in my room tonight anyway. I keep meaning to buy one of those fire ladders that you can hang out the windows anyway for each of their rooms. Next on my shopping list.

hey there, i am an electrician, if you think it is electrical, not only turn the breaker off for the dimming lites but the rest of the breakers that you do not need(furnace,fridge sump pump). the first thing i would do is look at the lite fixtures and make sure you do not have to big of lamps in them. very important!!! if lite doesn't say what size, use 60 watt lamps. good luck

The fire dept won't do you much good if you've already turned off the breakers and there's no smoke ......thats all they would do and then tell you to call an electrician. I know ....I've been called to hundreds of the same situations and thats the advice I always give.....but if they happen to have a thermal imaging camera they can at least pinpoint where the problem is so you can show the electrician.