hmatousek

Interested in finding out the truth about dating skydivers

I am trying to find out if guys in the skydiving world really date.

I have been single for some time and have been given different advice about dating skydiver guys. I have gotten involved with a couple people but neither seemed to be interested in anything long term. Many of the guys I speak with are not interested in dating anyone. Now I am trying to find out if this is typical of the men in skydiving or not. Maybe I am just meeting the wrong ones.

Heather
Life doesn't have to be perfect in order to be beautiful!

Many of the guys I speak with are not interested in dating anyone.

My girlfriend jumps, I kinda jump, we're in a long term relationship.

Skydiving is like anything else in life, it all depends on the person.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Heather - you already know there are guys in the skydiving world that date. Some of the relationships have lasted for the long term, some for the short. I know for a fact that you've seen examples of each at our home dropzone. . . some successful, some not.

Are you limiting yourself to only skydivers?

Holidays got you down? :)

Eric

teehee, i do remember a red headed van slammer in the past... your little swoop goddess... :ph34r:

mission impossible, biffin??
__

A: I don't know what you're refering to.
B: It wasn't me in that tent making all that noise when you goofs came snooping by and singing...
;)

Swoo Rodriguez #1020, LawnDart, AR #007

Of course, most of us skydivers male and female all have ADD!!

I didn't know I had "Attention Deficit Disorder". But maybe that explains a few things which always seem to occur sometime below 3k. :) Just pull'n your leg here. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Skydiver relationships are just like other relationships....

Some work, some don't...most don't.

The thing is this is a very small community and its seems like everyone has dated everyone else.

Hell, I have dated 3 women that post here. And I don't even want to count the women I have dated from my home DZ.

I had a hard time dating whuffos...And at times hard times dating jumpers. Even ones that were into the same things I am into...
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I am still undecided about whether i would date a skychicky. I just have seen what happens when things dont turn out well. Not sayin i would anticipate it would go sour, but the dz is my haven from the "real world" and i dont want to mess that up with anything.

Of course, no one from the sport has caught my eye so far so that's why I haven't dated at the dz.

Out of the sport i probably date less than i would only because I am at the dz a lot between march and november. i guess i just haven't learned to balance skydiving with the rest of my life yet.

I think people often limit themselves as to say "I only date skydivers" when in fact you should date someone you feel you have a connection with...skydiver or not. I am just lucky that the girl I find amazing jumps, and is an all around incredible person.
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Thanks Smooth.

Don't get me wrong here, of coarse I know that some skydiving guys date. Many women have said they don't even try to date skydivers because they are not after anything other than getting them into bed. I see where that is true with some men but I know that is not a fact for all men.

Our dz is small and the few I have (and currently) are involved with don't want to be involved. I am opening this question up to a larger community to find out what the case is on a larger level. I know that nothing is set in stone when it comes to this question, people change their mind frequently. I am just interested in what people think to have a general idea.

I agree with Ron (oh no, Dave told me to never do that!) and Stacy on this one.
I have dated skydivers. I even married one. :)As long as we were away from the dz, it didn't feel like I was "dating a skydiver".
Skydiver relationships can be just like any other relationship.
There are people at the dz that are all about sex. And then there are people that are genuine. Just like anywhere else.

And as for me, I guess I just got lucky. :)

I have dated two skydivers. Both of them are fine gentlemen, both are in the armed forces and only one of them (bigphil) completely stole my heart. He is amazing.:$
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

the way i look at it, skydiving is an interest. a *good* relationship can't be built around just one interest. it's based also around tolerance, patience and general compatibility. just because i meet a guy who skydives doesn't mean he's going to put up with my Trading Spaces addiction or tape reality TV for me when I'm working in the evening. Nor does it mean that I will watch questionable movies that he may think are fabulous. TO each their own. Some people just click. It's more than skydiving, but it's nice to have that in common.

Well, all skydivers are assholes with big egos, so if that's what you're looking for you shouldn't have any problem.. just kidding, i found one that wasn't and he's great :))

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" --Steven Wright

well i'm not dating a skychick, just kinda hangin out right now, but i can already see how frustrating it would be in a relationship, she puts the jumping before me, which i cant really get mad about because i'd do the same thing :S but still. *shrugs* but ya know, its not that big of a deal to me, just a minor discrepency. Just sucks when you go ahead and make plans for the day and then find out she decided to go jump somewhere. But i'm quickly learning never to make plans until the very last second :S:)

I guess I look forward to sharing my skydiving interest with someone else.

I already share it with friends but I'm looking for a little more. I spend so much time at the dz that I don't see anyone else tolerating that but another skydiver. I don't limit myself to skydivers but don't see myself with someone who doesn't enjoy the sport.

A relationship will last only as long as the people involved let it last.

I actually hadn't dated much since coming back to sport. Now I'm dating a long time jumper from another city in Texas. Typically she comes to Houston and we jump my dz on Saturday and jump another dz thats closer to her home to shorten the drive back for her on Sundays. If I go see her, the local dz is closer to Houston than where she lives for me and for now they too have an Otter so it's all good! As much time as I spend at the dz on weekends, I don't think there are many WUFFO's out there that would appreciate the "weekend days off" relationship! Unless they were ok hangin' at the dz. Since we started dating after the POP's world record attempts at Perris this year she has decided to join the fun of the Texas State Record 150-way this year!