jenette

Cookie G2 vs Bonehead REvovle.. who wil K.O?

I don't think that was Joel's point.

If I understand him correctly, he was saying that when it comes to helmets, one brand usually fits a certain head shape better than another and the only way to find out what is right for you is to demo.

I have found this to be true for both motorcycle and skydiving helmets. I can't find a comfortable Cookie, but my Revolve is perfect. That might be the other way round for someone else.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Click his "reply too" back to my post. Apparently I understand perfectly.

My last post was just tongue in cheek grumbling on an unrelated note (poorly hidden advertising here) and a related note (posts where people just advocate what they own without consideration of other products).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Well my question is about these two products and I'm happy for people to through in there two cents on other helmets.

Please, there are no demos to try out here and no one has these helmets to borrow. I here you on the motorcycle helmet issue, I wear a Shark comfortably but a Shoei isn't right.

This was a feedback mission to get opinions of people wearing these lids to help my decision.

And it's pretty mixed, though G2 I think is ahead in comments. I am looking at the Phantom x too. Bonehead have a deal of trading in your old for a discount, this is a good deal too.
www.exoticbodypiercing.com.au

That sucks about the lack of try-ons - maybe at least Cookie (who are Aussie) can help you and people at your DZ out somehow? They seem a pretty friendly lot.

All the good feedback in the world won't help it fit your head better :P

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

You might call the companies as well and ask about the fit. But I suspect they'll all say the padding lets their brand fit anyone (not always true).

i.e., which is better for round vs oval head shapes, etc.

Bonehead's Mindwarp (when I got my FF helmet) I recall came with instructions to bake them at a couple hundred degrees and then form them a bit while hot. I don't know if this is advisable anymore or not on any other brand. Probably not. But it helped quite a bit on that one. I use a Z1 and absolutely love it FWIW - so no experience on your two options.

good luck

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If you can't try them on before ordering, I'd say whichever one will be less expensive to send back if it doesn't fit. As many have mentioned, helmets in general (and full-face in particular) are very dependent on the shape of your head for comfortable fit. You can read the measurements but they're only going to help you so much.

If you can lower the cost/risk of sending back something that doesn't work for a refund ... that might be your best bet.

(For the record I just bought a G2 and am a fan of that; have seen but not tried the Revolve. I already have an open face (Bonehead Guner) that I like so I don't need the "double-duty" feature of the Revolve, so I didn't really consider it in my selection. Also have a FreeZR2 that I like a lot.).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I can't really give you a comparison but I just upgraded from the Havok to the REvolve. I use the flip up face because I wear glasses. The REvolve is super comfy and Bonehead will send you shims to make it fit better if you aren't happy the way it is. Customer service is second to none. If you aren't happy with the product they will do everything they can to fix it and if they can't fix it they will give you a speedy refund. Give them a call and they will be happy to explain it.
"If I can't be my own, I'll feel better dead." Layne Staley

Can someone possibly post a picture (or pictures) with a Phantom-X actually ON? Faceshield up, and faceshield closed?

One of the advantages that has had me considering the G2, is the ability to have your mouth unobstructed when flipped up (communications to the pilot when spotting, to students setting up in door, etc.) - and still visible when closed (let the students see your smile! :)
Does the Phantom-X provide similar? The jaw-line in all pictures I've seen, appear a bit higher right in the front (accommodating a larger oval vent) - which makes me believe it may not - and obscures the mouth just like any other either factory diver, or Z1.

Seriously looking for an alternative that provides me with the unobstructed mouth area, yet does not sacrafice the full face (relative) protection. If anyone can post some actually-being-worn Phantom-X shots, I'd sure really appreciate it!

TIA,
-Grant

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Can someone possibly post a picture (or pictures) with a Phantom-X actually ON? Faceshield up, and faceshield closed?

One of the advantages that has had me considering the G2, is the ability to have your mouth unobstructed when flipped up (communications to the pilot when spotting, to students setting up in door, etc.) - and still visible when closed (let the students see your smile! :)
Does the Phantom-X provide similar? The jaw-line in all pictures I've seen, appear a bit higher right in the front (accommodating a larger oval vent) - which makes me believe it may not - and obscures the mouth just like any other either factory diver, or Z1.

Seriously looking for an alternative that provides me with the unobstructed mouth area, yet does not sacrafice the full face (relative) protection. If anyone can post some actually-being-worn Phantom-X shots, I'd sure really appreciate it!

TIA,
-Grant

Hi Grant,

I can't speak from personal experience of wearing one but can tell you what it looks like seeing someone wear one. The jaw is a bit higher, however, I have reason to believe you can see an unobstructed mouth [which is why this helmet was recommended in this thread in the first place, it is supposed to be similar in design to the G2]. My tunnel coach has this helmet for this exact reason, it helps his students understand what he is saying by looking at his mouth. At least it has helped me :) But I'll ask him when I see him tomorrow to get a more direct answer.

Hope this helps!

Emily

As a motorcycle helmet wearer, I'm use to the I guess narrow filed of vision, so a good bike rider is aware of this and compensates for it. In free fall I'd love to have my mouth clear to see.

This has been a great topic. I'd love to see picks of peeps wearing this two brands.. and Phantom in use and on the ground. I wish these wear You tube reviews :)

Why don't you email both companies and ask them if they would take the helmet back if you didn't like it?

That might answer your question, and it gives them a chance to excel at customer service.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

My out of production Bonehead Boomerang with its missing out of production fixed face shield is the best helmet ever.

It is the shit... no really the shit.

Way more ventilation then all of these other helmets.

It makes you look like buzz lightyear.

And since you can't get them any where, and it is the best, you will just have to accept that my helmet will allways be cooler than yours, and I will allways be more baller than you.

Nuff said! Thread over... good night... go home!:ph34r::P

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Why don't you email both companies and ask them if they would take the helmet back if you didn't like it?

That might answer your question, and it gives them a chance to excel at customer service.

We'll take it back if you don't like it!:)
Edited to add: That has always been our policy and this applies to all helmets, not just the REvolve.
Bonehead Composites
(951) 943-1166
www.boneheadcomposites.com
www.facebook.com/boneheadcomposites

We'll take it back if you don't like it!:)
Edited to add: That has always been our policy and this applies to all helmets, not just the REvolve.

There you go, Jenette, you have a no risk option!

~ CanuckInUSA

Ok.. I've made a decision

After reviews and opinions. Though I would really love to go with Aussie made. The 30% off trade in sale with BH, the price and the risk free purchase (though I'm usually the type of person to buy wisely in the first place). Bone head is going to get my business. I do think the Revolve looks a little like a space man helmet... But with the right paint job, that could be cool.

Though I very tight in budget from saving for Skysisters, The deal finishes at the end of the month, so I need to get cracking.

I hope to try the G2 in the future.

Thanks friends.