mchamp

Your Reserve WL

With all this talk about reserve WL and reserve line twist...

I did a search but the posts I found were from 2002 and 2006. I think things have changed since then so I'm doing this again.

What is your reserve wing loading?

What reserve (and size) canopy is it?

Mine: PD Optimum Reserve 143 loaded @ 1:1
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

My last ride was on a Micro Raven 120 loaded at about 1.5. My experience under 7 cells is pretty High. I have several rides on Ravens so it was no big deal to land on target.

My PD-R 113 is loaded at approximately 1.592920353982301 (according to windows calculator)

Between the 2, the PD-R is easier to fly and land since it has a much longer control stroke.

Key to survival. Canopy control checks. It's just a parachute so turn it, flare it and figure it out. You may only have 1000 feet to test the flare and find a landing zone, but, you can still test it.

If I was rich enough at the moment, I'd upsize my reserve to an optimum 126.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

PdF Techno 155 loaded @ 1.6.

Used it one time and no problems flying and landing it although I would prefer a bigger reserve when I've got the money to buy a brand new Vector 3.

It's pretty hard to find a matching container for a 170 reserve if your exitweight is 250 Lbs and you're flying 139 and smaller main canopies.
Blue skies!

It's pretty hard to find a matching container for a 170 reserve if your exitweight is 250 Lbs and you're flying 139 and smaller main canopies.

some manufacturers will build these rigs, for example Sunrise Rigging (wings). Certainly some others will too.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

some manufacturers will build these rigs, for example Sunrise Rigging (wings). Certainly some others will too.

Mirage makes them too.

I have a mirage G3, made for a Vengence 120 and a Tempo 150.
WL reserve: 1,46, WL main (now) Velo 90: 2,35 and storm 120: 1,76

Mirage makes them too.

I have a mirage G3, made for a Vengence 120 and a Tempo 150.
WL reserve: 1,46, WL main (now) Velo 90: 2,35 and storm 120: 1,76

Sure, but there is a limit to the differences in the canopy sizes that can be hobbled together in a rig.

I have a Velo 111 loaded at 2.65 and a PDr-176 loaded at 1.67. I demoed the reserve a long time ago and have used it twice since then. Nice slow, docile canopy with nice flight characteristics and a solid flare.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

PdF Techno 155 loaded @ 1.6.

Used it one time and no problems flying and landing it although I would prefer a bigger reserve when I've got the money to buy a brand new Vector 3.

As well as looking at container sizing, don't forget to get to look at Optimum reserves.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

The rig I jump most often~

Strong Stellar 220 loaded at 1.3

The main is a Strong Z Po 210

One of my demonstration rigs holds a G-300, 270 sqft reserve and a 190 main, and the other has a G-200, 230 sqft reserve and a 170 main.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~