fogobo

Advance Seven - Sweet ride

I got my Advance Seven from Chutingstar and without a doubt it is as advertised. First of all I had the harness sized by the owner of Basik Air Concept, Jerome Bunker via a Skype video. I'm tall-ish with a short body and my previous rigs that came from the manufacturers had to be returned for resizing. The Seven arrived in less than eight weeks and it fits like a glove. Attention to detail and workmanship are excellent. It is not too dissimilar from many other rigs, but seems to have all of their best features, plus a few of their own. I bought the Seven without ever seeing one and the service I got from Basik and Mike Gurwell at Chutingstar gave me confidence in my choice. I asked a million questions and they never missed a beat. I never felt I was getting jerked around. Parts are also easy to get so you don't need to worry if you lose a free bag, etc.:)

not my favorite selection of color, but nice rig (as long as you don't have to compress that reserve spring yourself :D)

It is a very comfortable rig (as most modern rigs). Some people may not like the magnet secured PC pud, but it is not a problem for me.

May I ask what canopies you have inside ?

Congrats on your new rig, enjoy it.

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Some people may not like the magnet secured PC pud, but it is not a problem for me.

If you ask them nicely, they'll get rid of it for you B|

I have also been very impressed by ours.

Someone actually complained about it though. He said it was "too comfortable" - he had no idea that it had opened :P

Damn 20 year old Fury 220 :S

I had a similiar experience with sizing problems of previous rigs and Jerome got my Seven perfect the 1st time! In fact when I get another rig you bet it's going to be another Seven!
And of course Mike / Chuting Star were awesome to deal with as well!

I'm jealous. I ordered my Advance Seven a few weeks ago and am sitting on egg shells waiting for it. Dropping a Pilot 188 and a Smart 190 in it that I have waiting on container delivery. I sent in my measurements and they said one of them looked off (which is was, that could have sucked) so we corrected it. The only thing I am not a fan of is the yellow color they have... I wanted a gold color for some of the panels. :P Now its going to be a charcoal and black rig.

I had a similiar experience with sizing problems of previous rigs and Jerome got my Seven perfect the 1st time! In fact when I get another rig you bet it's going to be another Seven!
And of course Mike / Chuting Star were awesome to deal with as well!

Ditto. Bought a pilot from Chuting Star, great people to deal with B|

Advance update: Put 200 jumps on it now and I feel I can now give my 7 a critical review. The rig still looks like new with no broken stitching or Corura failure despite more than a few crash and burns. Might say there is too much padding. After opening sometimes you can't tell if you are wearing it, scary. Also makes it difficult to stuff it into a gear bag. The fabric covering the back pad is getting fuzzy looking, no holes or anything but it is being roughed up by some of the packing surfaces. The hook knife that was provide is not equal in quality to the rig, it looks real cheap. Bought a new one. The anti-slip springs on the leg straps are a very nice feature. Makes getting the rig on and off a little more difficult, but after opening the harness is still nice and snug. The free fly handle is difficult to get a firm grasp on because of its slick covering. Never had any line twists from the D-bag turning, but it takes me longer to pack and it is a pain stowing the lines in the pocket with the magnets. The D-bag is still very very nice but I am changing is out for a Vector stowless. The 7 bridle is sewn to the D-bag, the pilot chute is sewn to the bridle, and the free fly handle. It takes a rigger to change the D-bag. Needed a rigger, new pilot chute, bridle, and free fly handle to change bags - $250 not counting the new D-bag at $120. Setting the brakes, stowing toggles and excess brake line may take a little time, but it is very secure. No worry there. Real nice magnetic riser covers. The 7 has more magnets than a MRI machine. This is all minor shit that is doesn't really make that much of a difference. Still think it is great a rig and as safe as it gets. Would buy another and of course from Chutingstar.

Got to talk about the free-fly handle some more. I talked earlier about it being slippery, well that is only part of it. It is also hard to grasp because of its shape. Lately I had a couple of times when the reserve handle was becoming an option. Anyone else having a problem?

Is your freefly handle shaped like this one ?

Does it have the magnets, the cordura pilot chute pocket and the freefly tab? That's how mine is.

For the first 10 jumps, the freefly tab was a bit stiff in his pocket, making pulling the handle a bit more difficult than it should. After those few jumps everything is perfect now.

Maybe yours is different, I can't see how mine could be hard to grab or slippery?

I can put my fingers around maybe 85% of the circumference of the tube inside the handle, and it's made of the same material (cordura 1000) as the rest of the container.

Personnaly, it's my favorite handle. Would not change it for anything else. Same goes for the hookable cutaway handle and the stainless hardware with the spring, the best there is.

I tried a javelin, vector 2 and micron, and the seven is by far the most comfortable, mostly because of the foam on the leg straps and back.

Most packers hate them the first time they pack it because it's true that it's a PITA to stow the lines in the pocket because the magnets want to close it all the time, but you get the hang of it after a few times.

Love the way the brakes are stowed, can't see how you could have a brake fire with this system, but it takes a few more seconds to stow.

Also agree about the cheap knife, it's ridiculous, would be better off not to include one and charge 30$ for a Benchmade.

Bought mine directly from Jerôme in France before Chuting Star started to carry them. Excellent service, same as Chuting Star.