kingbunky

best concert ever?

How old am I if my FAVORITE was Pink Floyd The Wall?:S

Edited to add: Course, I have never missed a Billy Joel concert when he was in the same state as me for 17 years running! He and Elton are something else when they are together on stage!!!!
Your character will ultimately determine your destiny.

Luna,

I also agree with you in regard to Matchbox Twenty. I saw them during their "Mad Season" tour and it was an incredible show. Rob Thomas is incredibly talented. How can you not like a person who wrote Santana's multi-grammy winning "Smooth."

Chris

Matchbox Twenty played here a week ago Sunday. WALKING distance from my apartment. My daughter was going go buy me tickets for Christmas. BUT...it just happened that to be the same weekend I was going to KC to visit my other daughter :S

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

I can't honestly remember the last concert I saw.....
I guess it was Elton John.... SOLO, about 3 or 4 years ago. REALLY good show. I was never much of an Elton fan, but I enjoyed that concert.
I think my all time favorite was Van Halen in the Sammy Hagar days..... MANY years ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

I think my all time favorite was Van Halen in the Sammy Hagar days..... MANY years ago.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Ahh hell, that wasnt THAT many years ago. I remember when Van Halen (with Dave), played Oakland with Black Sabbath (with Ozzy) and That wasnt even too long ago. OK, it was awhile ago.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

1970 I think.. Pabst Theatre in Milwuakee WI. Now this is an OLD acoustically designed venue.. that during a play you can hear a pin drop up on stage. or actors speaking in low hushed tones, from ANYWHERE in the theater. As the roadies for the band set up.. amps... and stack after stack of MONSTER huge speakers.... and then the show begins as BLACK SABBATH takes the stage... B|B|B|B|B|B|

I think we FELT as much as heard their music that night....from the 4th row. I continued to FEEL the vibes...literally for DAYS after.

I'd have to say the original Guns and Roses.

Seen the Chilli Peppers 4 times now any everytime Keidis hasn't been able to sing for shit. Out of tune for 50% of the gig and the sound levels have been some of the worst i've heard. Foo Fighters much better live any day.

Thrice were pretty damn good live too.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Neil Peart is the God of drumming.

Q: How many drumers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Three. One to change the bulb and two to talk about how fucking awesome Neil Peart is at changing lightbulbs.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand... I've seen They Might Be Giants live a handful of times. Always a great show, never gets stale.

When I first left school I was working with a freind of mine setting up concerts in Canberra Australia. I did the setup and watched Eric Clapton. Man Even thinking about it makes me shiver. Fantastic show will never forget it.
Jumpy Jumpy??

Stones make the others look like garage bands

maybe in their heyday but they had so much 'sound reenforcement from other musicians on the last 3 tours its as if they arent even playing...

hell Keith WASNT!! and thats just lame..might as well be animatronic...

Primus..say no more..

Morphine..nothing moves the air and melts women like amplified saxophone..

Galactic....damn near blew DMB off the stage in New Orleans...

well if I had to pick it would be: The neville brothers, Dr John and BB King. I mean WOW!
but on the others end of the scale was when Type O opened for Pantera (insert head banging here)
but then there was that one where Johnny Lang opend for Kenny Wayne Shepard... oh hell I give up.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Ohh... 2 summers ago, the Tragically Hip were playing at an outdoor venue. It had been an awesome day, had lots of fun. The day was just winding down, and the hip had almost played their full set. And then just as the sun was setting, they played Wheat Kings. Thats my favorite concert moment, it was great.

Trower was a slayer. And I forgot to add numerous Nugent concerts to my original list....I never saw anyone put himself through so much pain during a concert, and never miss a riff. :o

This is a good thread....brought back a LOT of great memories. :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Couldn't name "the best" off the top of my head, but I have to say that The Cure puts on a hell of a good show.'Twas early 90's...third row floor...the Dean Dome, Chapel Hill, NC. Played almost three hours. Great "seats", great sound, great lights, great show.

How about The Who in '82 & '84...Rich Stadium, Orchard Park, NY, 100,000 plus in the stadium. No Keith Moon, but good shows none the less...

The Dead, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers...July 4th '86 Rich Stadium...Great party!

Any concert with Rush. Hands down the greatest rock and roll band. Period. They put on a fantastic light show and just general performance. Neil Peart is the God of drumming.

Agreed. Seen 'em twice. That band is full of talent.
And soooo many more...
Wait!...10,000 Maniacs, '88, Stanley Theatre, Syracuse, NY (seats around 2000)
Natalie Merchant has one powerful voice.
Oh yeah! David Gilmour, '84, About Face tour, Stanley Theatre, Syracuse, NY
Uhh...
Sorry...
...and those were just a taste.
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

Well it is a close call. The Moody Blues with full orchestra was the best. Styx at the L.A. Forum was a close second. Had a total blast at both of them. One group that I haven't seen, but My Husband has, and He says is the best is Pink Floyd with his bud El Peludo. That concert blew them both away!-Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

Jimmy Buffett ?

I think you're confused.....you must be looking for the "worst concert" or "worst song" threads. :P

Although my bro-in-law and niece love him to death.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."