kingbunky

best concert ever?

my FAVORITE was Pink Floyd The Wall

Oh, I wish I could have been around to see that one! That's one of my favorite albums, and I bet they put on an awesome show of it!

My favorite concert was probably Nine Inch Nails on the Downward Spiral tour in Austin (that album reminds me of The Wall in some ways). The Who also put on a really good show, though I only saw them after they were older - bet they were REALLY fun to watch back in the day...

The best concert to date which I have seen was Pink Floyd in Edmonton's Commonwealth Stadium (an outdoor venue) back in '95. It rocked. I also got to see Stevie Ray Vahnn (sp?) up close and personal in a small bar setting back in the early 80's, but the Pink Floyd show still tops my list of concerts.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

was at Red Rocks when U2 filmed "Under a Blood Red Sky"
never have been able to find myself in the video though.
Red Rocks has got to be the greatest venue ever for a concert.
saw the first H.O.R.D.E. tour there too
Big Head Todd, the Samples, Widespread Panic, Blues Traveller... helluva show

Nine Inch Nails - Fragile tour Providence venue. Trent was crowd surfing while singing one of his best, most entertaining performances ever. A Perfect Circle opened for him as well to promote their upcoming debut album, which was a huge bonus too :)
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals tour Worcester venue (i believe). Spectacular stage drops and effects, not to mention coverage of a significant amount of his material.

Those 2 still rank in the top concerts I've ever seen.

Tool's latest tour was also pretty bad ass!

Blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

My favorite concert was probably Nine Inch Nails on the Downward Spiral tour in Austin

WOW~ one of my favorite Artists of All Time performing one of the GREATEST albums of All Time in the SWEETEST city: AuSTiN!!!

that's soooooooooooo awesome keely! i am so happy :)NIN! i would have done anything to attend that concert*

dropoutdave: If I had a choice of seeing one concert before I die it would have to be Jimi Hendrix without a doubt.

I TOTALLY SECOND THAT ONE Dave! I LOVE Jimi with All (well some) of my Heart! :P

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

ozzy & metallica in '86 (with their original bassist, yeah, i'm old) queensryche & suicidal tendencies, every time testament comes to town is cool, i saw them with nuclear assault once. slayer, megadeth & anthrax played together and they called it "the clash of the titans", LOTS of moshing that night. pantera puts on a great show, and the lollapalooza when soundgarden, pearl jam, & the chili peppers was really cool. i've been to a lot more, but these stick out in my mind most.

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

I haven't been to a concert in years. Guess the last one I went to was back in the 70's. It might have been the best one I ever saw. It was "Chicago" and that was before Terry Cath killed himself, so that gives you an idea of how long ago it was. Maybe I'll start going to concerts again one day.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

Well, I used to think the same thing. However, I was married to the biggest Parrothead on the planet. No seriously, the guy listened to nothing but Buffett 24/7. You learn to like it when that is the case.

I always wanted to go to his concerts in Florida when everyone is on a big raft or inner tube out in the bay getting shitfaced. Buffett isn't that bad ...
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

I'd go with the Moody Blues,

Hearing justin hayward sing/play tuesday afternoon, nights in white satin and many other wonderfull songs backed up by a full philharmonic orchestra was an absolute dream.

I also realy dug Paul McCartneys last (back in the USA/World) concert about a year ago..
But the Moody Blues are an absolute number one for me...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

If I had a choice of seeing one concert before I die it would have to be Jimi Hendrix without a doubt.

For me it'd be the Doors (pre-Miami for those of you who know that story). I've talked to a few people that saw them in their early days; hearing about it made me wish I'd been born 10 years earlier.

I also realy dug Paul McCartneys last (back in the USA/World) concert about a year ago..

i missed that by two days..a friend had a ticket for me but I couldnt get back in time...I saw the DVD just last month and damn i'm still pissed..I hope he tours again its as close to seeing the Beatles as i'll ever get.. (and will sound better with modern gear and fewer screaming 14 year olds to boot ;))

:P:P:PB|B|B|:P:P:P

Sigur Ros- Nov. 27 2002-
Vogue Theatre Vancouver B.C. Canada- the best concert ever heard live by me.

Orchestral space-rock --four icelandic musicians hypnotic stage performance left me in awe. The power of sigur rós in the flesh comes strictly from their music--- that is so absorbing you can't help but be taken by it.

SMiles;)

My Dad was drunk the other week and he told me that an old family friend of ours that i've known since I was born used to be a roady for Hendrix and she did the dirty with him when he was touring England. I was most impressed, I knew she used to be a hippy but that's just brilliant. He swore me to secrecy but hey, it's a good story and it's true.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Toss-up;
Big Twist/Christmas Party/Chicago
Stones/Steel Wheels/Arrowhead &
Steve Winwood/Circle Campus (Chicago)
Runners-up;
Zepplin/Stadium (Chicago)
Little Feat/KCKS
Jesse Collin Young/Filmore West
Crosbe, Stills, Nash, & Young/the park(San Francisco)
Taj/KC Blues fest
Trower/Stadium(Chicago)
Beck/St Louis
Tina Turner/Chicago
Eagles/Starlite/KC
D

Pink Floyd in Rice Stadium in Houston. A major thunderstorm hit the place within a half hour from the concerts end and drowned out their gear. The lightning and rain mixing with the lazer show was just awesome.

Second concert was Rush at the Woodland's Pavillion on ther Test For Echo Tour. Lazers were just great shooting over everyone's head and just slightly above the hill at the top of the lawn seats.

Chris