Magistr8

Question for those who use Lotus Notes

I am at work and am getting tired of having to always manually enter the names of the managers that need to be notified when I make a shift trade.

So, I am wondering, what do I need to be able to make a group in my lotus notes without bypassing the security that is on the program?

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

I've been developing Notes programs and managing Notes servers for around 8 years now...

Fairly scary, all software can be irritating beyond acceptance, but it's been good to me.

You need to go to your personal address book on your workspace. Open that bad mother up and go to "groups". There you can create a new group (name it whatever is appropriate) and begin populating the list of members from your server's address book (the one that contains everyones names)...

I'm not sure about your "security" reference. There isn't any security conflicts with creating personal groups.

It's massively easy, however, if you can't find any of the above and identify it (your add book, etc...).

Shout, my cell num is 314.495.3937, my name is Jack... I'll be happy to walk you through it. Truly, their is some massively cool shit that you can do with your personal address book, this is just the beginning.

Also, you can find a freaking heap of useful informatio in your "help" guide as well. On the Notes menu bar, last selection...

Let me know how it works out for you.

Blue Skies,

JJF

Dove Dove me do, you know I'd Dove Do!.....:$
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Not a problem.

Very seldom on this planet am I ever really "useful" to anyone...

I'm an only child, it's all about me, 24x7.

Truly, Seriously though, shout if it gets any stranger. Notes was developed in a dark room, lined with black velvet posters, with lots of Led Zeppelin in the background and many many bongs...

They didn't seem to have the need to conform to Windows MFC standards at all. Some of this makes Notes intensely cool, but most of it?

Well, most of it just pisses off intelligent Windows users that got used to MFC compliant applications!

Why do I care? Because then they come bitching too me like it's my fault. Who ME? I didn't write the shit. Go away!

lol

bitch rant bitch rant...

jjf
It's a gas, gas, gas...

I had to manually add my personal address book and then that made it all the easier.

I don't thing your ranting at all. There are a few things about lotus that really piss me off, a few of them you already mentioned. For the most part I do enjoy Lotus notes just because I can tie it into everything on my system and on our network here.

Thank You again, that made life so much easier.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte