buff

Customer Service from Mfgr

Long story short, a routine reline from a manufacturer in Deland took 42 days and a don't give a shit attitude.

Canopy received at manufacturer on Jan 11th and I got an email saying they received canopy & turn time 2 to 3 weeks. Reline was with HMA. Spectra or HMA is standard on the canopy and nothing on repair form or website stated anything different.

Never hear anything by end of January. Feb 9th I call and was told that they had to order the lineset from the factory. (WTF? I shipped it to the manufacturer so a independent loft would not have to order the lineset). Said he hoped to have it out the door that Friday the 11th for Monday at the latest.

Nothing until yesterday the Feb 22nd where I received a ship notice that it's going ground and they are charging me. So 41 days laters I'm still waiting while it goes ground.

Am I wrong in thinking that they should have let me know in the first email they did not stock the lineset and give me an option? Then when it was delayed after calling, they could have expidited return shipping?

I like the canopy but this is my second poor experience with the people side of the company.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Wow...

I just sent my PD Katana back to PD for a reline.

They called me the day after it arrived with an inspection report, quote, and timetable.

They promised it would be done in about a week and said it would ship on a certain date.

I got an email from the shipper on that date saying it was shipped.

I thought - what a wonderful company that can plan out a week ahead and deliver exactly as promised. That is why I am a loyal PD fan.

Wow...

I thought - what a wonderful company that can plan out a week ahead and deliver exactly as promised. That is why I am a loyal PD fan.

The OP didn't say which Deland company. Jump Shack and Aerodyne are two other Deland companies also selling canopies.

Mark

... but his profile says "Cobalt" ... which further muddies the waters ...

Atair, in the US at least, is out of the sport canopy business.

I recently head that there was a Deland based company who farms their relines out to private riggers. You ship your canopy to the factory, and then they ship it to the rigger of their choice. It wasn't PD. Or Jumpshack.

Rob, my Cobalt goes to CSC who last year turned a reline on it in 16 days even when they had to go out and find a lineset.

It was my other canopy in my other rig.

What relly pisses me off is that I have an email stating they recieved the canopy and it would be returned within 2-3 weeks and then no further communication. No inspection report, no delay notification, no nothing even after I called them.

They know that there are customers out there that depend on having a canopy for...working jumps, boogies, planned skydiving vacations, etc.

I won't be doing business with them again for sure and even though I like the canopy and it has a great rep, I won't be steering others their way.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama