captainpooby

Howard Dean peddles hate for cash At "Howard's Hatefest"...

My point was very simple.. yet again...

There is a vast difference between the REAL RACISTs of the right in this country where it is endemic and ingrained and a few people who are entertainers who are used to being vulgar and ridiculing just about anyone and anything... and if you look at the last line:

Dean was present and later deplored the racist tenor of the jokes, but took the cash and let credit go.

It is not the candidate himself. I for one would like to see the video of the event instead of taking the word of a questionable source.
http://nikita_demosthenes.blogspot.com/

http://www.command-post.org/2004/2_archives/009170.html

DEBORAH ORIN at the New York Post reports on the "no-videos-allowed" Dean fundraiser in New York in HOWARD'S HATEFEST. [Emphasis added.]

I have to laugh at that one: "but took the cash and let credit go."

Stop being so logical Paige! You'll scare the lefties!
:P
The tenor of the jokes at this event - as reported, wasn't there myself - shows the true racist nature of the left. They have no vested interest in promoting a society free of racial prejudice.

If the racism went away, the left wouldn't have as many lies to tell the "minorities" to get them to vote for them. Besides, they wouldn't have anyone to tell what to do anymore.

I think we are all to logical for the left. I can't say that they thrive on racism (I would like to believe they don't--or at least pretend to give them some credit) but it is a main part of their strategy. Doesn't their strategy always seem to back fire in some regard? All their candidates are throwing around 4 letter words and bragging about having a dead jewish father! He's so proud of having a jewish father he has to whisper it to some lady instead of announcing it loud and proud. Ugh, the left is too confusing and illogical to understand.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

As an American and as the non racist you profess to be, then you should be also be ashamed that in a fundraiser for a presidential campaign, people were being racists.

I was under the impression they were parodying racists.

This thread needs to be locked!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Personal Voices: Republicans Don't Really Care about Improving Race Relations

By Jackson Thoreau, AlterNet
January 10, 2003

I'm a blond-haired, blue-eyed, middle-class, middle...

Admit it Jeanne, you're a right-winger planted over there at the DNC, aren't you? Why else would you post this garbage in 'support' of the left? Nice job, it's working!

Everyone, keep this quiet. We don't want to blow her cover.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I have the title for a new book that should piss off Michael Moore.

Hate and the hating haters that spew it.

Kind of like this guy?

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=655728#655728

And this one

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=760790#760790

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

. . . as oppsed to real racists like you people on the right, true died in the wool BIGOTS . . .

Why do you perpetually post crap like this?

It's hate-speech.

And like all hate-speech, it speaks volumes about the speaker, and nothing about anyone else.

With the statement above (and zillions of others in your archive), you define YOURSELF as a bigot. Ever thought about that?

. . =(_8^(1)

Stop being so logical Paige! You'll scare the lefties!
:P
The tenor of the jokes at this event - as reported, wasn't there myself - shows the true racist nature of the left. They have no vested interest in promoting a society free of racial prejudice.

If the racism went away, the left wouldn't have as many lies to tell the "minorities" to get them to vote for them. Besides, they wouldn't have anyone to tell what to do anymore.

*** (I would like to believe they don't--or at least pretend to give them some credit) but it is a main part of their strategy. Doesn't their strategy always seem to back fire in some regard? All their candidates are throwing around 4 letter words and bragging about having a dead jewish father! He's so proud of having a jewish father he has to whisper it to some lady instead of announcing it loud and proud. Ugh, the left is too confusing and illogical to understand.

One only has to look at the title of the thread and who lined up behind it to have your answer.

blue skies

jerry

------------------------------------------------------------

Lying about a blow job never got anybody killed!

Michele. I get really really tired of getting this.. if you aint with us you is against us attitude from the FAR right. and for ANYONE who.. as Juane alluded to accuses me of being someone who should be in GITMO.. I find it very disturbing. As an american I find this current bent of anti-american behavior in the silencing of dissent as a dangerous trend.

Morning, Jeanne.

I am getting really tired of this, too. I think you are more than smart enough, more than wise enough, and more than literate enough to express yourself without personal attacks, and without the anger which more than just one or two have perceived. You are very passionate about this subject - and that is, honestly, a good thing. But calling names, and CAPITALIZING things really simply detract from your message.

If you read the rest of my post, you will see that I think that namecalling and black and white commentary don't do a whole lot of anything except raise tempers. I contend that if you - or anyone - come off with personal attacks, perceived as angry (or disdainful), or as hate filled, the message - valuable as it may be - gets lost.

As for trying to silence you, no, that is not my intent. My intent was/is simply to get you to see that namecalling, vituperative anger and hate filled spume does no good - coming from anyone at any time. I was not calling for your silence. I was saying that namecalling is beneath you.

I will also not be silenced, Jeanne. I will not be bullied into silence, I will not be intimidated into not speaking my mind. I doubt that is your intent, but I wanted you to know that it does indeed go both ways.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

A long time ago someone once said to me this:

"What you have to say is important and I would love to hear. But how you say it is so offenseive that I cannot hear anything but the offense."

This was said by my favorite aunt and she was referring to my cussing at the time . . . yet somehow it seems strangely appropriate here.

I guess I lean to the right and have many things I disagree with about the left but I also disagree with things about the right as well.

Unfortunately as human beings we hate but some of us call it by something else. Those who hate because of race, religion, sexual orientation, or class are called bigots. But it seems that it is okay to hate because someone is a left or right winger.

Well I wear Scarlet and Gray so that must mean I should hate Maze and Blue.

I have brown hair and I hate all those who do not.

I wear glasses and all you who do not can go . . .

Oh and my left foot is slightly longer than my right so feel free to pelt me with hate mail.

And finally the ultimate bigotry . . . I am a left handed person in a right handed world . . . try living with that !:P

Okay so maybe I am not that funny but I sure try hard.

P.S. This is not directed as a reply to you Michele I just clicked on the last post to reply;).

i seriously question the whole premise of this thread. "There were no TV cameras" Meaning we have to take the word of a New York Post reporter? Have you seen the New York Post lately? It is not a newspaper in the conventional sense of the word. It's a rag. And not a left-wing rag.

I will never believe that a group of left-wing Democrats sat around in Chelsea listening to racist jokes. As a very left-wing New Yorker I assure you its ridiculous.

I'm sure there a a lot of anti-republican jokes. And I'm sure there were some that were better left unsaid. But if you guys believe that left-wing Democrats sit around hating minorities and making racist jokes when no one is looking, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

And Wow!! Thanks Amazon! You're amazing!

North
Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Why do you perpetually post crap like this?

It's hate-speech.

And like all hate-speech, it speaks volumes about the speaker, and nothing about anyone else.

With the statement above (and zillions of others in your archive), you define YOURSELF as a bigot. Ever thought about that?

You are definitely a proponent of George Orwells Newspeak.
You call that statement hate speech.. its not.. its a statement of fact by who the groups like the Christian Identity movement and the other Aryan nations groups support. Its a statement of fact of who the Dixiecrats ran to after the Civil Rights Act of 1964. They KNOW who their friends are. There is a undercurrent of closeted racists thoughout the right who know who they are but will not come out of their closet as true racists, cause its bad for business and they decry all this PC crap where they can't call people whatever derogatory term they grew up with.

The term bigot to me is one who will smile and do business with a minority member and or pretend to be their friend yet will denigrate them to someone else as soon as they believe they are out of earshot. The author of that article has seen it and experienced it. I have as well. You may wish to deny that but its very real, its out there, and it lessens all of us when it is done. That extends to things other than race alone such as religionism, sexism, and sexual orientation. If you find that hateful to call people like that BIGOTS then look inside of yourself. I have been to DZ's this year where I heard the REAL speech of hatred.. use of racial slurs and use of sexist crap openly. I have heard on this site repeatedly people refer to people our president is saying we are now "liberating" ( since the WMD is a no show) in racially derogatory terms. To me that is the true meaning of bigotry and hate.

I have given quite a bit of thought over the years of how I treat my fellow human beings. In the long run there is one entity that has the right to judge me... and on those grounds I am quite sure about how that will go. How many of those who propose to be good god fearing folk will not make the cut... those who are the psuedo righteous, willing to stab people in the back all week long yet go to church every sunday so they can get absolved of their sins....they will ultimately be judged by their creator. You are given the choice while on this plane of existence to prove that you have learned the lesson of what is truely morally right and what is wrong and evil. How you follow that path will determine just how you will spend your eternity.

You are definitely a proponent of George Orwells Newspeak. You call that statement hate speech.. its not..

I disagree with you. The term "hate speech" very accurately describes what comes out of your keyboard in these political threads. Numerous posters have pointed this out, because it is very easy to discern.

And I repeat, the phrase:

. . . as oppsed to real racists like you people on the right, true died in the wool BIGOTS . . .

is, in and of itself, in the context within which it was written, the statement of a bigot.

There is a undercurrent of closeted racists thoughout the right who know who they are but will not come out of their closet as true racists . . .

I'm sorry, but those words sound sort of paranoid. I'm on the right, and know many people "throughout the right", and haven't run into any racists yet. I'm sure they exist -- just as they exist across the entire spectrum of life -- but surely not to the extent your writings indicate.

After reading through your political commentary for the last year or so, I've concluded that you believe a) most all republicans are racists and bigots, and b) most racists and bigots are republicans.

If I'm correct about those conclusions, then you must be bigoted against republicans. And, not being any sort of racist or bigot myself, it's personally offensive to read.

. . =(_8^(1)

You call that statement hate speech.. its not.. its a statement of fact by who the groups like the Christian Identity movement and the other Aryan nations groups support.

Amazon,

You did not just call some general group of people bigots and racists, you wrote that about specific individuals, myself included.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I disagree with you. The term "hate speech" very accurately describes what comes out of your keyboard in these political threads. Numerous posters have pointed this out, because it is very easy to discern.

{/reply]

And it is very obvious that the term right wing apologist is what has and will continue to come out of yours. You certainly feel the Democratic party= hate.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=423115#423115

oh and a classic

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=423858#423858

Someone makes a racist "joke" and you are instantly being apologetic for him.

I do not think all republicans are racists, far from it, but the party CERTAINLY has embraced all of the old racist organizations and groups within their big tent.

Would you like me to call a waaaambulance for you. Face it DUDE you are a long time apologist for ANYTHING that the administration does or says.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=420731#420731

Or OOPS where did the WMD go to

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=424229#424229

Hmm last I saw the number of innocent civilians we did not target was up to about 8000.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=425327#425327

A little bit of anti islam thrown in to make your point of not being a racist or bigot

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=433022#433022

There was lots more but I was getting bored with rereading all that right wing crap.

The CCC are BIG friends of George.. do you think they support him so vehemently because he does not agree with them??? Haley Barbour and Carl Rove are very clear on where they stand.. and as the saying goes.. the friend of my friend is my ________??????(hint.. dirty little secret)

If I'm correct about those conclusions, then you must be bigoted against republicans. And, not being any sort of racist or bigot myself, it's personally offensive to read

I know there are plenty of Republicans who exist in the middle of the road and are good people and are not racist. The Ultra Right wing which has taken over the party though I would have to say.. yes... I do not agree with their stances.. and do so vehemently. Last time I checked though it was my right as an American to question and dissent.. just as it is yours to have any right wing racist view you might wish to entertain. I will NEVER support that kind of stance. Even the ACLU supported the fascists when they were denied their right to speak in Chicago and Skokie, as a constitutional fight. Did I like a decision like that to support them, NO. But it was very American of the ACLU to do.. something the Ultra Right wishes to silence, the ability of other americans to voice dissent. That to me is the utmost in anti-american hypocrisy.

In the long run there is one entity that has the right to judge me... and on those grounds I am quite sure about how that will go. How many of those who propose to be good god fearing folk will not make the cut... those who are the psuedo righteous, willing to stab people in the back all week long yet go to church every sunday so they can get absolved of their sins....they will ultimately be judged by their creator. You are given the choice while on this plane of existence to prove that you have learned the lesson of what is truely morally right and what is wrong and evil. How you follow that path will determine just how you will spend your eternity.
Jeanne the Red

So. All those comedians are going to hell and what they said is WRONG and racist?
What they said there that night is moraly WRONG and racist. No denying it.
You need to read your post.
ie:"those who are the psuedo righteous"

I really dont know how to explain how I feel and I dont type well enough to attempt it.

You preach diversity but you spout hate.

Sickening.

I do not think all republicans are racists, far from it . . .

But many of your previous posts indicate otherwise, including this one:

Face it DUDE you are a long time apologist for ANYTHING that the administration does or says.

And blah, and blah, and blah. Have a nice evening.

Edited to add: Jeanne, feel free to continue your enchanting evening scouring through my old posts (LOL) and post a few of the ones where I've expressed disdain for GWB, or agreed with what a *reasonable* (read: not Jeanne) leftie had to say on here. That should keep you entertained for hours! ;):D

. . =(_8^(1)

Then if you are not.. DO something about it..make some noise in your party that you defend so much. But from the perspective of many in this country, the win at all costs by getting the worst we have to offer in this country, to come to your aid in getting numbers of voters is indeed a strange pact with the devil. The Christian Identity movement and the CCC are certainly not following what Christ taught, yet the Republican party is the bastion of christian and family values... supposedly.

Make it impossible for anyone to hate another group because of their origin, race, sex, religion in this country. Then perhaps the rest of the world will not think we are the biggest hypocrites on the planet by the policies this country is exhibiting and exporting.

Make it a better world rather than seeking to continually try to portray anyone who does not agree with you as a hater. The whole Ultra Right has glommed onto this Orwellian contrivance...Do I think you people on the far right are capable of that, no. Its in your very nature to be who you are.

So. All those comedians are going to hell and what they said is WRONG and racist?
What they said there that night is moraly WRONG and racist. No denying it.
You need to read your post.
ie:"those who are the psuedo righteous"

I really dont know how to explain how I feel and I dont type well enough to attempt it.

You preach diversity but you spout hate.

Sickening.

I know its Christmas and I should be in a charitable mood, but I do not know if I should be annoyed or bemused about how this “right wing club” on DZ.com operates:

Step 1: Find some dubious material from a dubious source and post it as fact.

Step 2: The other members of the “club” post “backslappings”, celebrating how those “lefties” do not dare to answer (normally which will be posted 30 minutes after the first post) and/or what a deadly blow this is against the non-believers. This is normally “seasoned” with some abuse against favourite targets like Democratic politicians or the French. (:P)

Step 3: Pesky “facts” posted or questions asking to document claims are either ignored or answered with some “you are anti-American”, “typical left spin” etc. etc.

Step 4: Opinions attacking the “clubs” posts are dismissed as “hate” or the “club” gets even upset.

Which is really the part that gets me. I see above comments by capt.booby and think about how the “club” is spreading abuse and hateful comments (do I have to say “Clinton”?). Time you guys got out of the glasshouse.
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

I suppose you would LOVE to silence me that way.. very very typical.. BUT

The rest of the story was is the QUOTE from Juane.. after NUMEROUS hate filled/ outright racist posts of his in numerous threads.

Where is all the hate you have coming from?Are you a candidate for Gitmo?

This is becoming an all too typical way of trying to silence anyone who does not agree with your personal positions on the ultra right at this point in history. Calling someone a terrorist supporter.. try again POOBY.

It would almost be laughable other than people in Germany before 1931 thought it could never happen there either.

Make it impossible for anyone to hate another group because of their origin, race, sex, religion in this country.

How do you suggest we accomplish that one, Jeanne? I'd love to hear your ideas.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I got banned for a personal attack. Does this count?

Possible, but yours was far more funny in composition, IMO. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

originally posted by Amazon:

This is becoming an all too typical way of trying to silence anyone who does not agree with your personal positions on the ultra right at this point in history. Calling someone a terrorist supporter.. try again POOBY.

Did I call you a terrorist supporter? Where.

I pointed out where you personaly attacked someone. Something I got banned for.
Are you above the rules?

OK. I think you are a fucktard.

I'll take my 14 days if you do.B|

Ah the ultimate question.

All the great religeons of the world have had teachers who seek to show humankind how to achieve heaven, nirvana, enlightenment, etc. It only takes people willing to listen to them in greater numbers than whose who seek to do evil deeds. Whether we go off to far off places or stay right in our own countries the killing of other human beings by the thousands just has not seemed to work out for the human species.

So many people decry so many for wanting to follow political correctness.. but in the long run just what is political correctness other than to treat others as you yourself would wish to be treated. Almost everyone other than athiests believe there will someday be some form of judgement/atonement/ karmic payback. I plan on hedging my bets and treating others well. BUT if I hear someone telling me things I deem to be racist or hateful to ANY other group I will point it out to them so they at least know that not everyone accepts their views as being appropriate to the place and time we live in.