piisfish

Need info for smoke (red+white)

In the UK I use the 150 second smoke from this company.
http://www.tlsfx.co.uk/s-9-smoke.aspx
I know you are not in the UK but perhaps it may give you an idea of what to look for in Switzerland.
It's paintballing smoke so is less toxic, does not burn too hot (as in you can hold it if you wanted to), does not eject hot rocks, and does not stain. And comes in many, many colours.
I use the 150 second smoke which also comes with electronic firing if you want. The cannister has 2 wires which you can connect to a home made battery/switch and then fire it whenever you like. I use the 150 second smoke and fire it when I'm on the step and not in the plane which keeps the pilot happy. The 150 smoke is long enough to last through free fall and canopy. It's thick enough to be seen if jumping flat, it's a bit wispy if head down or in sit. But it's awesome under canopy. If you just want it for canopy then get the lesser burn time. Plus with the electronic firing you can fire it under canopy whenever you want.
I have not tried the twin vent high density. That's only 30 seconds though. What I do for more smoke is put one on each foot. I've even had 2 on one foot. You get some staining on your jumpsuit but it all washes out no problem.
Be warned military smoke is very expensive, toxic, very hot, may spontaneously combust or set fire to your leg, ejects hot rocks which will burn through anything and permanently stains everything it touches!
p.s. Do a search as this has been discussed before ;):P

gonna look that thanks. Plus the electronic firing is great.
We actually need it for some wingsuiting.
Great thing it's in england, might be easier to get through to Switz.
We will need to do some testing before and keep time to find alternatives if not suitable.... The definitive jumping is in September, but time is running already....
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

It will be ace for wingsuiting.
I'll send you some pictures later of the set up if you want.
I made a battery and switch to fire it and I use plastic guttering pipe on the outlet of the smoke cannister as a vent to funnell the smoke.
Works superb. I attach the smoke cannister to my foot facing back and connect the switch to my leg.
I did a lot of fun stuff last year with it to see how it performed. I wanted to get away from all the problems associated with the military smoke.
I think it's a great solution but I'm blowing my trumpet a bit here!;)
I posted some to Norway for a trip I was on and picked it up out there. I believe it's ok to post but you'd have to check with them.