Dumpster

New AAD from Altimaster ??

Saw this picture on someones Facebook from what I assume is the DZO conference, less info that what is on the website other than being able to make out the activation altitude at the bottom (1475ft).

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/183434_10150095762712298_775737297_6021334_2142716_n.jpg
"Do you really want to take advice from the guy we call Tarmac?"

you'll see an interview with Roger and Sandy on the PIA channel. Should be up shortly.
IMO, this is "best of show."
15,000 hours or 15,000 jumps before maintenance of any kind.
999.00 retail.
Several algorithms, easy menus, offsets of up to 2995', user-replaceable cutter. CYPRES just might have a run for their money.

I was gonna plunk down for CYPRES 2's as well (need two new AADs for student rigs). But...I'm *really* glad to see these M2's.
they have a decade + of testing in military applications, so I like that, too. So....now am on the fence. Going back to talk to Roger more today about waterproof, etc.

you'll see an interview with Roger and Sandy on the PIA channel. Should be up shortly.
IMO, this is "best of show."
15,000 hours or 15,000 jumps before maintenance of any kind.
999.00 retail.
Several algorithms, easy menus, offsets of up to 2995', user-replaceable cutter. CYPRES just might have a run for their money.

Is that 15,000 hours on "on" time? Or something else?
Remster

Imagine the future... an Alti-2 AAD talking to an Alti-2 N3Audio. Rather than just a tone at "dirt alert" level you could actually have the AAD trigger a voice alarm ..... "EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY! AAD firing now!".

The "emergency" warning might prompt action in time to prevent an AAD fire. If not, the "AAD firing now" might be a help to identify a two-out situation early. I don't know for sure... just musing here.

Perhaps too many words is a bad idea at that point in a skydive gone bad. I would have to give that some thought.

Interesting potential to think about. It is sort of like the communication between the airbags, the GPS, and radio on vehicles with "On-Star".
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

What I heard was something like 15 years or 15,000 jumps? And competively priced. I mean, I wish I know how much and how soon I can order it, I am really dying to get my rig back together in time for Safety Day. I'd like to learn as much as possible before investing $$, but still.....

Easy Does It

I was gonna plunk down for CYPRES 2's as well (need two new AADs for student rigs). But...I'm *really* glad to see these M2's.
they have a decade + of testing in military applications, so I like that, too. So....now am on the fence. Going back to talk to Roger more today about waterproof, etc.

hey Spot, do you think you could ask em for access to a user manual for it? online perhaps?

The safety device m2 provides automatic opening of the safety parachute in cases where safety of the parachutist is in danger.

That is some seriously bad wording for US market...
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

A link to the manufacturers site, Alti-2 will be distributing it:
http://www.marsjev.cz/products/n-1.htm?lang=en

So it is not an Altimaster, but a MARS.
Seems interesting for cost. Would the technology be the same as in the MPAAD ? Just the "look" is new ? or is the whole technology inside brand new ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Seems interesting for cost. Would the technology be the same as in the MPAAD ? Just the "look" is new ? or is the whole technology inside brand new ?

MPAAD is "all in one" type of device (meaning - central unit, cutter and control unit are all in one box), so I think it's a bit more than just a new looks ;) At least the cutter must be a completely different design.

cheers,
Bart ;)

After all the problems with neptunes.. No Thanks!

They're not making them, just distributing them.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

They're not making them, just distributing them

Ok then, after all the problems with the Vigil and Argus, no thanks (at least not for a couple years).

Don't get me wrong, I won't be running out and buying one of them for a while, I was just pointing out that they're not the ones making them.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hi All,

Many of the questions asked have been answered, but I just wanted to make sure that all is clear. Alti-2 is the exclusive importer of the M2...not the manufacturer. The manufacturer is MarS, a Czech company. MarS has been manufacturing AADs for the Czech military for over a decade and the M2 has been in design for approximately 3 years.

The feature characteristics are as follows:

15 year or 15,000 jumps (20 min per jump) batter life.

No routine maintenance

Changeable cutter

Water proof - 6' for 1 hour (changeable water filter)

Expert, student or tandem modes available in feet or meters

Retail cost - $999

We will be publishing more detailed information on our website in a matter of weeks...all documentation is currently being translated as original documentation is in Czech.

We are currently taking orders from our dealers, but the units will not start shipping until early Summer.

Please feel free to email me at Alti-2 with any other questions.

Sandy Bobo ([email protected])
Marketing Manager

Alti-2, Inc

Enjoy here while you're here because there's no here there.

this M2 isnt multimode system and isnt MPAAD remake
coolest feature is algoritm how close you were to activate your M2 in percent 999 means - YOU MOTHERF... STOP OR DIE
another thing is 15000jmps (300000 mins = 5000hrs = 208days permanent work) or 15 yrs...
i have my Vigil in rig so no problem with AAD, but in other case ...