skydivingchad

I didn't get my wife anything for x-mas

Show her this and tell her she's failing womankind everywhere by making up some bulls&*( rules.

Well, don't include me in that. I am on her side. Even if no presents were to be exchanged, I feel you should have done something to make her feel special. Even if it was just a card telling her how much you love and appreicate her. Some flowers or dinner would also be nice. While these are not gifts, i'm sure they'd be appreciated. And, why wouldn't you want to make her feel special on xmas? You owe big, man!

Angela.

That's just feeding into the "HALLMARK" mentallity if they're not into Christmas why profer anything extra ordinary.
Flowers, dinner, and signs of affection should be year round (from BOTH sides) not just when Hallmark (et al) say so.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

..... All I said was 'nothing'. That was the extent of the conversation. When they started into Chad, I walked away. I don't go for that kind of thing either.

Jen

This is exactly where I would have stepped up and told them to back off.
You bad mouth my wife and I get REAL nasty>:(
But that's just me I'm very protective of her:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We are having a very broke Christmas this year. After having to live apart for work for the past seven years, Dave has been unemployed for nearly 3 months. Since Daves mom died in May, I have spent more time taking care of his sick dad, than my business, so business is WAY down. Not a complaint, just fact. So when we decided no gifts, we meant NO gifts, and dinner out is an expense, and therefore a gift. A back rub we do all the time, kind words, ditto. We LOVE each other, and yes, we did have to teach each other, and learn from each other, and it took us 29 years (and counting) to get here. But when asked by friends what we got for Christmas this year, we explained that exchanging gifts seems trivial in light of what has gone on this past year, so we saved our collective resources, and the stress that could be caused later by the expenditure of unnecessary funds now. I do hope that you and Chad can get to the point where we are now.
We had good teachers, Dave and I. My parents were married for 33 years before my dad died. Daves' parents were married for 55 years prior to his mothers death. Long marriages take lots of work, and a lot of communication, and even MORE patience and understanding. Be patient with Chad, and when he does something kind or thoughtful be sure to lavish thanks and praise on him. He'll learn to do it more.
For those of us believers, Christmas is more than a day, it is a way of life, and an aura. Santa Claus is a spirit. Skydivers are generally spirited people who understand that aura thing, and they certainly have a WAY with life. Teach your skydiver well, and you will have Christmas all year round.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Idea: Pick a night SOON where you can be alone.. get some wine, or eggnog and cookies.. whatever.. cuddle up and read The Gift of the Magi out loud to each other.
I have a feeling this will put your situation in to perspective and any hard feelings will be washed away.

(and this might also be a lesson to not post personal issues on this forum, because you will get waaaaay too much advice..)

We said no gifts last year and my husband went and got me something anyway, but I got him nothing and felt like a schmuck. This year, we said no gifts again and I got him something and he didn't get me anything and I could give a rat's ass about it.

Last year I got my pilot's license and my husband knew that I wanted a GPS so that's what he got me. This year I got him an R/C skydiver cuz I knew he would really like that.

We have too much stuff - if I see something I think he could really use or that he really wants, then I'll get it for him and vice versa - otherwise, I really don't want anymore stuff - the house is already full of too much s%$t. As far as I'm concerned, Christmas gifts are for the kids.
Rhonda
PP ASEL

Was going to say this but decided against it. I do agree. Definitey got to stand up for your spouse.

And how is Skydivingchad standing up for his wife right now? How is posting this personal situation helping their relationship? I agree with Chaoskitty's quote...

(and this might also be a lesson to not post personal issues on this forum, because you will get waaaaay too much advice..)

Furthermore, it sounds like a misunderstanding on both their parts. There is no need to blame anyone. They are newlyweds, so they should just learn from this for next year. As long as they are healthy, happy and in love, they should just count their blessings.

Good luck Chad and wife. Be good to each other. Now, kiss and make up. :)

And I promise you, a backrub - unless it's foreplay - is not something that will come up on a young man's radar. Nor is cooking dinner for you.

Hmm.....and all along I thought this was expected. I'll have to lower my standards.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

A lady she works with even called the house and left a message to make me feel bad.
ba-humbug

Taking marital difficulties like this and advertising them to the outside world is a betrayal in and of itself. Well, at least you're both even. Smile and realize that this is the beginning of the end of your marriage. Happy New Year and best of luck on your new beginnings! :)
AMDG

Oh wait you're women, you know everything!:P

Sean, you're just jealous! ;)

Well Rachel, I would be but I can do without the associated Cramps, bloating and general PMSing that is associated with no-ing everything?

oh and psst see that "no-ing'? I meant it that way:P

Oh yes Christ Mass. A holiday purportedly there to celebrate Christ that has been hijacked by commercial interests and turned more towards its pagan origin of giving gifts to each other to show good will between humans, with the added twist that good will is now sort of mandatory and wars will break out if the customs aren't followed to the letter. :P A time of year when unrealistic expectations are placed upon families, a time when we all have to aim all so more precisely and struggle a bit harder just to not disappoint each other.

But everyone is fine with this, right? I mean,, the way we celebrate X-mass nowadays is "pretty close" to the original intent, no?

I'm sorry. I hear people talk daily about how spent they are after X-mass. They quickly add "but it was good". I suspect it's the same good a scared shitless tandempax experiences once he/she touches down on the ground and is safe once again.

X-mass has turned into a period of high stress for a lot of families who struggle to live up to an unrealistic ideal where it is as important not to fail/disappoint as it is to "succeed". No wonder there are more suicides this time of the year than other days.

I'm spent from X-mass. But it was good and all. B|

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

Damn. I missed this thread. I'm not married yet and I know better. Sounds like you've got a BIG hill to climb to make up for this one.

Start with a gift certificate to a Day Spa, something that'll take the entire day, you'll probably spend around $300-400, but that's a good start. Then jewelry...take her to a VERY nice dinner, very expensive place to give her the new jewelry.

Atleast that's what I would do, even if I had to buy all of that on CC's or take out a signature loan.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

p.s. Is that you in your avatar!? You bootylicious little thing you... :)

Yah thats me. Take me to bed or lose me forever, you gorgeous hunk 'o man! I'll be flying into Burbank for the New Year, so I look forward to seeing you soon. Kisses. :)

Oh, there really is a Santa Clause! B|B|B|B|B|

:::lighting candles, laying out flannel jammies, preparing rig for inspection:::
:):):):):)
AMDG