Darius11

A sad day for me

I had saved about 2 grand to go to Deland and finish AFF.
As some of you know I am moving to RI but some how with all the expense of moving I did not touch that 2000 dollars for AFF. Last night on my drive home from shopping I hit a Deer. The good news was that the deer died quick with out suffering and that no one was hurt. The bad news I have to be in RI this Friday and my car is fucked up. The worst part is even with insurance with my 1000 deductible and renting a car I have to say goodbye to AFF for now. That is truly sad I am more then a little upset. The only thing I have been looking forward to was getting my A.
Life is good but it still sucks. Someone give me hug.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Dude! Hugs from Kelly? Almost worth the trouble you went through. B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

((((((((((Hugging))))))))))))

So sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you are alright, the deer didn't suffer long and the car is repairable.

And two points to you for at least having the smarts to get the car fixed and plan another day for jumping.

Don't give up, plan and save again! Skydiving is worth the wait!

In the meantime, don't hesitate to stop by a DZ and say hello. Hang out at the DZ bar and get to know a few folks.

You can even learn to pack and start making extra money before you even skydive! We have done that with more than a few at Raeford!

The good news is that you have the 2 grand......at ANY stage of the game, that is a huge plus. Things REALLY get "interesting" when life happens and you don't have the reserve.

Keep the A as your goal (it's a good goal.....since I have the same one), deal with life, make the move................and pay attention to all the hugs you get along the way.

Dude you should have sold the Deer Meat!!!! :S:D;)

That Blows. Maybe you should see about a different Insurance company with a lower deductible.

I am sure you will be able to start sooner than you think.

Maybe when you get this issue resolved you should work on trying to just start AFF and make one or two jumps a month instead of all at once.

I wish you luck on your endeavors.

Never Give Up & Never Surrender!!!!!!!!

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!B|
The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

that sucks. for you to be glad the deer did not suffer much is going to bring you good karma. i'm sure you'll still do AFF this season. take jumpnkramer's advice. that is how i'll probably have to do AFP this summer, 'cause things always come up at the wrong time. good luck!

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

OH I'm so jealous!

My hubby and i are looking at land in Exeter - its really secluded, but nice.

Jumptown is in Orange, MA - about 1.5 hours from me, so about 2 from you. I've been to three of the 5 'local' DZs and Jumptown is the nicest - people and atmostphere wise. I'm doing AFF there in April - you should come too!

www.jumptown.com

Jennifer
Arianna Frances

My husbands job in SC ended rather abruptly in Oct. So I went to SC and packed him and his stuff up, and with Chris ( a base jumping buddy) we drove 2 trucks and a car home from SC. Dave hit a deer with his truck (this is the THIRD deer this truck has killed) So no job and major truck damage. Hope 2004 is better....
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}} {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
I am so sorry for you! I'm glad that you are okay! Does your highway have signs like ours in AZ? ADOT put silly signs for people to read all the way across the rim about looking out for elk, and deer. Just don't lose your desire to jump. You saved for it once, you can do it again. CHIN UP -Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

Oh it is awesome.
I have alittle place a one bedroom and no naiboghrs.
and my apartment is on a Sod farm so i am surrounded by just green land i love it.

I just E-mailed Jumptown to see what there weight limitation is i hope it's not 225lb. or i will end up in Deland. I have to save money but i am going to do it i am already going crazy from not jumping for a month. :S:S:S

That was quick
She got back to me already.
I can go to AFF there. That is awesome the money i was saving for the plane ticket i can use it for jumping. Yes i can start my AFF a lot sooner this way.
You rock thanks for the Info.
I owe you BEER
Thank you.

Woo Hoo!!!

*jumping up and down for you*

That rox! Pass on the beer though - I'm a wine gal (shiraz and chianti to be exact :P). But we can celebrate with jumps instead!!

PM me your email - we can keep in touch and make sure we get in the same class.

Jennifer
Arianna Frances