StarFlyer

UPT Vector3 Micron or V3 M-Series?

I'm looking at UPT Vector3 rigs for a harness and container. UPT seems to offer two different sport rigs: "Vector3 Micron" and "V3 M-Series". I couldn't find any comparisons on the UPT site that explains the differences between the two and which might be best/safest for my needs. Could someone help explain the functional differences between these two models?

Thanks,
Jack

UPT Vector3 Micron
http://www.unitedparachutetechnologies.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=71

UPT V3 M-Series
http://www.unitedparachutetechnologies.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=72

The UPT site notes for the V3 M-Series that it's "the first FreeFly rig on the market". However I don't see anything about "FreeFly" on the Micron page. Is that to say that the Vector3 Micron is not FreeFly friendly?

Given that they're both the same price, why would anyone buy something that's not FreeFly friendly?

They are both freefly friendly the only difference is size smaller more narrow containers are called Micron same option are avaiiable on both first see what type of canopy you want main and reserve see if is availe on both Im not sure the Yoke design fits better in the micron option not sure is available on regular vectors
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Container size is the only difference. Micron is for smaller canopies, M-Series is for larger canopies.

+1
They made the Microns to be more modern than their current rigs, but only offered them in smaller sizes, once they realized that lots of people wanted the same features in a bigger container, well, theres the V3-M
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Grammar at no extra charge!

They are both freefly friendly. The only difference is size. Smaller more narrow containers are called Micron. The same options are available on both. First, see what type of canopy you want for the main and reserve and then see if it is available for both. I'm not sure the Yoke design fits better in the micron option. Not sure is available on regular vectors

They are both freefly friendly. The only difference is size. Smaller more narrow containers are called Micron. The same options are available on both. First, see what type of canopy you want for the main and reserve and then see if it is available for both. I'm not sure the Yoke design fits better in the micron option. Not sure is available on regular vectors

Container size difference make sense. Sounds like other than that, both are FreeFly friendly and offer similar features. Thanks for the quick replies! :)

Actually it's more different shapes than sizes.

You can find some V3-M that will fit rather small canopies, 110ish off the top of my head.

V3-M are longer and thinner for the same canopy sizes. So if you have a rather long torse, a V3-M might be more comfortable for the boc reach than a Micron for the same canopy sizes.

Besides that they are the exact same containers.
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
Dudeist Skydiver #9

Actually, the shape of the container is the difference between the Micron and the M-Series. The Micron is more of a rectangular shape. It is the same size (or close to the same size) shoulder to shoulder as it is Hip to Hip.

The M-Series is more of a Trapezoid with the container narrower at the shoulders and wider at the hips.

For example the V306 and V336 hold basically the same canopies:

The V306 Micron is 10" wide at the shoulder and the Hips, 16" tall, and 5" Deep

The V336 M-Series is 10" wide at the shoulders, 12" wide at the hips, 19 inches Tall, and 3.5" deep.

Mark Klingelhoefer
UPT

Example of a trapezoid
(http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.karenfayeth.com/trapezoid.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blog.karenfayeth.com/%3Fp%3D5490&usg=__yVatQd5Evrr7Un7Zijz3RV7lJBc=&h=174&w=316&sz=6&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=dIqdKqK7SL8CpM:&tbnh=99&tbnw=179&ei=e7FKTYLRA8H-8AbVnbSeDg&prev=/images%3Fq%3DTrapezoid%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D539%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C114&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=132&vpy=123&dur=1415&hovh=139&hovw=252&tx=187&ty=80&oei=e7FKTYLRA8H-8AbVnbSeDg&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=11&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&biw=1024&bih=539)

I've been pondering the meaning of each of the 3 numbers that make up UPT container sizes. I.e does the 3 mean vector 3 and then the next 2 number relate to the actual sizing, eg main and reserve tray sizing?

I ask this because i ordered a Micron back in November which is due to arrive around April i think. The canopys it's being made for are Katanna 107 and Optimum 113, According to the sizing chart it could be either a V304 or a V314, is V314 also a micron or is that an M-series? Is there a way i can find out which one mine will be if both sizes are Micron?

I've been pondering the meaning of each of the 3 numbers that make up UPT container sizes. I.e does the 3 mean vector 3 and then the next 2 number relate to the actual sizing, eg main and reserve tray sizing?

I ask this because i ordered a Micron back in November which is due to arrive around April i think. The canopys it's being made for are Katanna 107 and Optimum 113, According to the sizing chart it could be either a V304 or a V314, is V314 also a micron or is that an M-series? Is there a way i can find out which one mine will be if both sizes are Micron?

I'm sure if you call or email the guys down at UPT on Monday, they will have the answer for you at their fingertips. They have pretty rock solid customer service.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

You would think they would have some type of a meaning, however, that is not the case. the 3 is because they are V3s. The last 2 numbers are just because that is what we decided to call it. A 309 makes some sense as it is pretty much a 308 Main Container, and a 310 Reserve Container, but if someone can explain to me why a 346 hold much bigger mains than a 344 or a 347......

It's just what we decided to call it when someone asked if we could make it. No secret formula here.

Mark Klingelhoefer

It's just what we decided to call it when someone asked if we could make it. No secret formula here.

:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the explanation Mark, I was looking at pack volumes and trying to find a correlation.