colin

PdF Merit line trim chart

posted a link to this thread on the french forum www.wuza.com

I would seriously reconsider relining a Merit. If it needs a reline, it certainly also needs a re-fabric. Unless the lines were damaged n a "young" canopy I wouldn't do it. The old PdF fabric is CRAP
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I would seriously reconsider relining a Merit. If it needs a reline, it certainly also needs a re-fabric. Unless the lines were damaged n a "young" canopy I wouldn't do it. The old PdF fabric is CRAP

Agreed 100%. Better get a sabre 1 or something if you need a cheap canopy, and dump the merit...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

There are a few issues with merits... The fabric doesn't last too long, it generally opens HARD (I wouldn't jump camera), and it does badly with even a little bit of turbulence (they are the first canopies to show problems). Glad there aren't many left anymore :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I jump Merit 170 (with wing load 1.2) and I like it too. Sometimes I jump it with a camera and there is no problem with openings. The only problem is when you try to pack it too quickly - take time - put outer cells into the middle one, roll the tail tightly and Merit will not hurt youB|.
For me personally brisk openings (brisk not hard) are quite comfortable especially that sometimes I exit at 800m (2700ft). Imagine then the faces of those who jump Sabre2s which open after 300m/1000 ft ;)

Free speech includes the right not to listen, if not interested.