MikeJD

Original Skydiving Music

The recent 'Skydiving Painters' thread made me wonder how many dz.commers are musicians, and more specifically how many of you are creating skydiving-inspired tracks. We all like music soundtracks on our jump videos but they're usually lifted from people's CD collections. Lots of times this works great - but some of it's become a bit over-familiar (Tom Petty / Van Halen, anyone?) So is anybody else out there recording and / or using their own stuff?

I have made some fast-tempo techno music on the pc for use with skydiving videos. I used Mixman Studio X-Pro, Zero-Track creator, and Rebirth One Synth and Drum Machine to make the loops.
If you have a decent pc, the software isn't that expensive.

www.cafeshops.com/sidspecialties.5396204

the first cd full had a naive charm (read: crap) but I had fun and I've even sold a couple (it is copyright free if anyone wants to use it on videos by the way)
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I use reason V2.5 on mac G4, Cubase VST V5, ReBirth V2, Re Wire.
I use Final Cut pro fro digi video work
I write tunes but not specifically for skydiving, but, if anyone wants some tunes put to their film, I'd be more than glad to help.
(learnin experience see);)
drop me a PM if you like
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\\/\/\/\/\
Do I see you laughin?
My doggy he don't like people laughin
Gets to figurin, they're laughin at him

I'll probaly will try something someday.
But acoustic guitar, mandolin, harmonica might not be "cool" enough! har har
Especially instrumental..( I don't sing or write songs)
I'm getting a Tascam MKII 4 track recorder next week!
"From wings came flight" has some really good music.
And one of the songs starts off exactly the same notes as an old Dr. John song..I was gonna make a post regarding that!

Created a few tracks using "MTV Music Generator", of all things.:D

They were on mp3.com, but since the cnet buyout of that site, I can't access them....>:(

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Gary,

If you're getting a 4-track next week, tell your friends and family to make the most of the next few days. They probably won't see you for a while after that - home recording's a seriously addictive way to eat up the hours! And don't worry about the lyrics - some of the cheesy stuff I've heard on skydiving soundtracks over the years makes a great case for instrumental music!:ph34r:

I have wrote a few songs they are mostly guitar and i don't know if i would use them in a video. They are inspired by skydiving.

I do have a few techno songs that i would like to use as soon as i get any video of my self.
I use a mix of Acid and live instruments like guitar base and a s-tar.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I have my own studio and am currently working on the soundtrack for a skydiving video that I expect to have finished by the end of this coming summer.

I plays da guitar and da bass and writes da tunes B|

This soundtrack is "in the style of" Joe Satriani

Got it working. Some excellent tunes. Thanks.

sorry - I hadn't made it clicky - having brain trouble today
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Blahr, your avatar's just inspired me to start working on mine!

If any of you other creative dudes want to send me stuff, I'd love to hear it. I guess if you have the technology you could post mp3s to my dropzone.com account - as long as you can make them small enough ;) Copyright absolutely respected, of course. In return I'll subject you to the two or three tracks I have - as long as I can get permission from my vocalist!