Ronaldo

Riggers opinions

It looks like an easy fix, the question is do you want to pay a rigger to replace a grommet? My minimum fee to remove the old one and re-inforce the corner and then set a new one would be at least $45. Keep in mind I would have to remove it from the lines to work on it, and then hook it back up. You say the other 3 are good but they may need the same fix sometime down the road. Or you could buy a good used one for say $25 off the classifieds.

What size is it? I have a couple new ones I would sell you for less than the cost to fix yours.

Sometimes it is cheaper to just replace than fix. A new one from the factory won't be cheap but fixing all 4 grommets one at a time would cost more.
Onward and Upward!

Thanks for the tips, getting a used one for a good price would be great. I can install and remove the slider myself so sending it for repair would be easy. It is from a Triathlon 160 (18x29 inches), let me know if you have one of the same size.
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

slightly bigger slider off a Katana on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/PD-Katana-Slider-what-size-came-off-off-Great-cond-/160534542965?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25609aba75

not mine, usual disclaimers, etc..

he's also got it posted here on the DZ.com classifieds
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=104615;d=1
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930