Push

Help me out here

In a hypothetically concrete situation, what if you met a really cool girl out of the blue on the internet? Furthermore, what if this girl told you that she really likes you? And what if she had a lot of qualities that you were looking for? Now, what if she lived 43 hours of non-stop driving away from you?

This is definitely not what I was expecting to happen, and I'm confused:S I know there are some folks here who tried it. What can you say?

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

I know someone very close to me that met her current husband online and after 2 trips to see him married him... halfway around the world... 22 hours flying to be exact. two years and still loving it.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Well bro....
I'm sort of living that now! Meet this awesome freefly chick over dz.com...we talked for a month or so online and really clicked. I said the hell with it one day and drove 28 hours to see her. We really clicked. We talked for hours and hours and never even got to talking about skydiving. That was an amazing weekend just hanging out with her.

And I just spent the most amazing month of my life with her - driving all over the country, jumping, hanging out with family, just doing whatever.

And it started over the net. It can happen. I remember thinking at 2 am, while the trooper had me pulled over for speeding on my way to see her, that I was crazy, she was crazy and we were all headed to the nut house for this...but I haven't regretted a single thing. Just be true to yourself and the rest will fall into place.

Peace, blue skies and good luck!

Jump

(and a kiss to my sweetie!)
Scars remind us that the past is real

I've met some great people through the Internet, but never someone so far away. I say it's worth it to see if there are any IRL sparks. At worst it would probably be a nice trip and the making of a new friend.
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

I always suspected a lot of skydivers are hopeless romantics.;)

Thanks everyone, I'm gonna give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

B|

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Life is too short to not be happy. Do what makes you happy...as long as that isn't chopping people up into puppy chow and rubbing it all over the neighbor's front door. That would just be too gross to have to open that door each day. :PB|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

You really never know whos on the other end regardless of what is said..Think about it...to many Horror Stories..

She seems legit. Besides, it's not like I've got anything to lose. Even if it turns out to be a big bald hairy fat dude, I don't care:D

Life is too short to not be happy. Do what makes you happy...as long as that isn't chopping people up into puppy chow and rubbing it all over the neighbor's front door. That would just be too gross to have to open that door each day.

I'm insane, but not that insane. At least not yet>:(

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo

Yeah, I probably should have just left it at "do what makes you happy" and skipped the Clive Barker nightmare. :P
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.