deltron80

camera goggles eliminate snag risk

Fixed the clicky...

Was wondering when someone was going to post these on here.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I have a similar pair that I have (ikam extreme from www.revolutionaryoutdoorproducts.com) used for dirt-track racing in the past, unbelievable quality - even through a scratched helmet shield! The sound was great too, and uploaded with a USB. I think they only record about 20 minute clips at a time up to 3 or 4 hours. When using them for this I take the lenses out and just wear the frames. Was wondering if they would work with skydiving through a full face helmet (yes I know not until I have more jumps, etc).

hmmm, I wonder whatr files these produce, sounds similar to go pro but not as wide.

might be good for outside video....
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I haven't try these on, but my first thought was the lens had a wider field of view than the wearer would.:S

For the most part I want my FULL peripheral vision. I still haven't found a full face HELMET I'm willing to wear. And I've tried. Either down or side to side is compromised.

But I'm old school.:)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I was at CES this past weekend, and I made sure to stop by the Liquid Image booth and check these out. I think there's a lot of potential in the concept of video goggles, but I wouldn't want to wear these while jumping for a couple of reasons. Councilman is right that the peripheral vision isn't very good - the goggles are fairly large and have a lot of padding, which blocks much of your field of view. Maybe this isn't a problem with other extreme sports, but personally I like to have a wider field of vision while jumping than these goggles allow. Along these same lines, the goggles are just overall larger than I would like, and it seemed likely that they wouldn't even fit with a lot of helmets. The structure of the goggles (frame, padding, etc.) just seemed larger than necessary to me. I asked the girl at the Liquid Image booth if there were plans to make a sleeker model without as much goggle structure, but she wasn't able to give me much info on their future plans.

On the plus side, the goggles are very light (despite being large), the camera buttons are easy to operate, and the video quality looked good. I think if they focused on a model designed for skydivers they could probably make something worth buying (at least for newbie videographers). I told this to the Liquid Image people at CES, so hopefully the message gets back to the engineers.

I may look into these, not for the purpose of skydiving, but so I can record some good videos of TERFing in a helicopter without the distracting hazard associated with holding a camera.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.