bofh

Line trim for modded VX?

I've got a VX that has been modified with new sides and continuous lines so it looks like a Xaos-27. I don't know who has done the work, but it is a bit badly done so I don't think it is Precision.

Should a modified VX have the same line trim as an equal size Xaos-27?
How much force should the lines be stretched with before measuring and from where on the line is it measured?

According to The Parachute Manual (Dan Pointer):
Kevlar/ Dacron - 5lbf
Microline (Spectra) - 30lbf for 30s
PD has a method for measuring but I'm not sure if it is the standard for the industry.
http://www.performancedesigns.com/docs/linetrims/Measure-Line-Trim.pdf
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Did you call Precision? Best place to start I'd say. I think I have seen one or two some years back but can't give you much info, sorry.

I've mailed them two times, but not got any reply.

The lines are made of some thin black HMA.

At Precision, we did have a mod for the early Extreme fx canopies, and we called the XFX Mod. However, we never made a mod for the VX because improvements on the VX style canopy quickly became the basis for the Xaos-27.

Strange. I've now tracked down one of the previous owners and he said it was done by Precision. Could it be some kind of prototype that I've got?

At Precision, we did have a mod for the early Extreme fx canopies, and we called the XFX Mod. However, we never made a mod for the VX because improvements on the VX style canopy quickly became the basis for the Xaos-27.

I would assume that you work as Precision and would know about this but I have read about the X-VX mod. before.
Kirk
He's dead Jim

I was wrong. I answered too quickly. I'm sorry. I do work here, or at least I used to work here before I made that stupid kneejerk statement. I don't know what I was thinking. We have done a bunch of XVX mods, so please accept my humble apology.

I think I should probably fire myself, but then I would just have to hire myself back and lose 30 years' senority. Now, having said that, I would still like to know what is on the data panel. Also, and more importantly, I would like to inspect the canopy in question. What is the serial number?

George Galloway

Now, having said that, I would still like to know what is on the data panel. Also, and more importantly, I would like to inspect the canopy in question. What is the serial number?

I sent you a PM a couple of days ago.

Btw. is there something wrong with Precisions e-mail system? I've mailed [email protected] and [email protected] about this previously without getting any answer at all.