D-Fens

Optima II or Pro-Track?

Hi,

So as a christmas gift for myself I'm going to buy a new audible. I can get the Optima II and the Pro-Track for the same price, so that's not an issue.

Which would you recommend? I do free-flying, no swooping.

I was planning on mounting it inside the pocket in my Cookie Ozone helmet.

Cheers
D

Do you want an audible or a logging audible?
I'd choose a ProTrack over an Optima if logging is something you'd like to have available.
If you already have a logging altimeter, then the Optima is a great piece of gear.

Do you want an audible or a logging audible?
I'd choose a ProTrack over an Optima if logging is something you'd like to have available.
If you already have a logging altimeter, then the Optima is a great piece of gear.

OR, you could get a N3 audio and get the best of both worlds... and also listen to music.;)

Edit; Seriously though, I jump both an Optima (1?) and absolutely love it and for tracking my jumps I keep a Neptune in my pocket somewhere. If it's an audible you want only (like Spot was talking about), you may look into the SOLO. It's cheap, but doesn't have the "swoop" alarms (shouldn't be an issue). Good luck with whatever you get. I know how buying new gear is.
Muff #5048

Hi everyone,

I've already got a Visio II and now thinking about an audible.

Do you think it makes sense to buy a Pro-Track meaning Visio II has its own logging capabilities (well, not so detailed)?

I like a bigger display of Pro-Track displaying the jump log in a readable manner and its PC connection option (btw, is it connected via USB or COM port?).

On the other hand, Optima II boasts nice options for visual signals (LED) and additional low-speed warnings...
55 seconds of the real life

Viso, not Visio.

I had a Protrack for quite a while, and it can be nice to have the detailed data, but it is very "noisy" data, even when I put it in a jumpsuit leg pocket.

There is an adapter available that allows USB hookup to the infared data hookup device. I think that without that you have to use a com port but never did it - always had the USB adapter.

I sold my Protrack and stuck with the Optima II. It is smaller, water resistant (the "II" version is), has canopy alarms, and is less expensive. The batteries are easier to replace as you don't have to deal with the tiny little springs that the protrack has.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Ha-ha, Viso, indeed :)

So, it sounds like Optima II for me.
Along with other concerns, the control is similar to Viso II.
Memorizing how to operate another L&B interface type would be way too complicated :)

Thank you for the advice!
55 seconds of the real life