shah269

Psycho Pro pack hybrid

well as a total n00b with all of 10 real pack jobs to his name,
I have to say material control is a major issue for new guys.
Since we are jumping things that are about twice the size of what most of you seem to jump material control is very different for us than guys who have thousands of jumps.
And I have to say compared to the propack this psycho pack provides a level of material control that takes a season or two to develop.
But that being said one major issue, unlike the usual propack this Psycho pack does mean that the n00b needs to pay great attention to their pilot chute. More than once I noticed that after packing I had to recheck my pilot chute to make sure it was cocked.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Since we are jumping things that are about twice the size of what most of you seem to jump material control is very different for us than guys who have thousands of jumps.

The size of the canopy doesn't make a whole lot of difference in material control. Sure there is more to control but there is more weight with more material and doesn't move around as much. I have propacked canopies ranging in size from 100 sq ft to 450 sq ft it is all the same IMO. Comparing it to someone who has thousands of jumps isn't a fair comparison. Chances are the person with a thousand or more jumps probably has packed enough to know how to control the material regardless the size of the parachute. If someone will let you try packing on a smaller parachute and appropriately size d-bag, you will see it is very similar if not the same in respect to material control.

So I tried psycho pack for my new Safire 2 as i'm a terrible packer at the best of times and it's slipping all over the shop if i try and pro pack it

It all looks great apart from how the hell do you keep the thinnest part of the triangle together when you start rolling it up!

I fold my triangle into 3rds and i get a nice rectangular canopy on the floor the same width of the bag. But when i start to roll it towards the slider the 'point' of the triangle all starts to spread out, ends up about the same width as the bag and my slider starts poking out to say hello.
It's not the speed that kills ya, it's the sudden stops!

So I tried psycho pack for my new Safire 2 as i'm a terrible packer at the best of times and it's slipping all over the shop if i try and pro pack it

It all looks great apart from how the hell do you keep the thinnest part of the triangle together when you start rolling it up!

I fold my triangle into 3rds and i get a nice rectangular canopy on the floor the same width of the bag. But when i start to roll it towards the slider the 'point' of the triangle all starts to spread out, ends up about the same width as the bag and my slider starts poking out to say hello.

I had this issue too, I started more carefully and tightly folding it into 3rds and using my arm to fold over, it makes my phyco-packs much more neat. your mileage may vary, I am by no means an expert.
"Do you really want to take advice from the guy we call Tarmac?"