skymik

Magnetic Slider Retention Device

Which now means it will try to tow your main if you cutaway after stowing the slider. The reason is slips onto the flap is so that it can slip OFF when you cutaway.

I suggest UNSEWING it now. While the force will probably release the main it may delay it enough to increase the chance of an entanglement.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Which now means it will try to tow your main if you cutaway after stowing the slider. The reason is slips onto the flap is so that it can slip OFF when you cutaway.

I suggest UNSEWING it now. While the force will probably release the main it may delay it enough to increase the chance of an entanglement.

While I DO agree with you wholeheartedly, I have chopped it on the ground, turning to run for a swoop and chug, and did not even feel the tension when it released, so I very highly doubt that the magnets will keep the main around.

I would honestly say that the elastic around the flap probably has a better chance of hanging up on the tuck tabs.

/tis just my opinion.

those ball-/rubberband-thingies that are so popular around will create more force than the magnets ever will, in each and every direction..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

those ball-/rubberband-thingies that are so popular around will create more force than the magnets ever will, in each and every direction..

And turning to a dead trap if a break line got snagged on opening....:S

And turning to a dead trap if a break line got snagged on opening....:S

it's right on the yoke, and if not in use, usually rests between my back and the rig.. now that would be a REAL shot in the dark!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

hi
I wanted to know what you think about the Magnetic Slider Retention Device like Sky Tie and if is in according whith the harness constructor.
thanks

its a neat concept but i would never put or buy a rig with magnets on it because magnets and electronics do not work well together
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

its a neat concept but i would never put or buy a rig with magnets on it because magnets and electronics do not work well together

That must be why MRI machines never caught on. :D
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

hi
I wanted to know what you think about the Magnetic Slider Retention Device like Sky Tie and if is in according whith the harness constructor.
thanks

Did ya miss the part where Bill Booth talks about using magnets on his vectors?

They have put magnets directly on digital altimeters and every day they check the data, with no loss.

IIRC its about the same strength magnet as in the vectors riser covers (feels about the same to me) and he said those wont even damage digital video on tape media in most cases (if not all)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

That must be why MRI machines never caught on. :D

That shit is funny... I don't care who you are!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I am aware of at least one person that it happened to here in Australia, a jumper with 10,000+ jumps.

I would add the caveat that the jumper in question is less than regular with the stowing of the excess of brake line.

Probably preventable but still in the realms of possible. I prefer the idea of the magnetic retain to the loop and ball but a half-hitch is still feasibly possible.

My solution? RDS ;)

I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

i use ball-rubber thingy and I personally believe that rubber band won't break away when it is snagged.

I strongly believe that even with full weigh underneath one ball and rubber band it will still hold on in some cases and hinder your cut away procedure.

weigh out your percentage and act accordingly.

i still use rubber band/ ball thing.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016