mx19

Liquid eyewear

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy a pair of liquid eyewear sunglasses?

Cheers

Yes, call/e-mail them direct and tell them you are skydiver, use my name if you want. Thats the best way to get the skydiver discount or go to one of the boogies they will have a booth set up at as they usually have a boogie discount.

PS, if you do it soon, they may be able to hand deliver your pair to you as they will be in the UK shortly.

Jbag, if you are not happy with your glasses call Liquid, they will endeavor to fix the issue for you.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Which is why they have alienated their possible dealers.

And you know exactly how many dealers they have in the UK how? Your comment is completely without basis in this circumstance.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

maybe ill do that, i havnt tried, was waiting for them to come to elsinore next, but i got the ones that have the titanium plates on the ear pieces and 1 ear broke off.

Contact them, I am positive they will fix the problem for you.They have a pretty good warranty program and reputation for customer satisfaction.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Contact them, I am positive they will fix the problem for you.They have a pretty good warranty program and reputation for customer satisfaction.

I bought a pair with prescription lenses over the internet and had lots of communication issues but everything was satisfactorily resolved. I am quite happy with the product and can vouch for the service.
What skydiver discount? I used your name and still paid full price. Silly me.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

And you know exactly how many dealers they have in the UK how? Your comment is completely without basis in this circumstance.

At the moment none - but that is also because the last time i spoke to them their product was not CE marked which is a legal requirement if you want to sell Eyewear and most other products in the UK / Europe ...

I bought a pair with prescription lenses over the internet and had lots of communication issues but everything was satisfactorily resolved. I am quite happy with the product and can vouch for the service.
What skydiver discount? I used your name and still paid full price. Silly me.

Unfortunately when you order prescription they are charging you what it costs to have the RX made, which is done at a optometrist lab and that price is dependent on your RX and is not subject to a discount.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

i wish i never bought mine lol, same thing as gatorz, but gatorz fold

You just helped me to make the decision to go with gatorz!
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Based on the sole fact they fold? Liquid has folding models.
Both me and a friend just received a pair of liquid's each and I would buy another paid again in a heartbeat before any pair of gatorz. They are simple and solid.
Stay high pull low

Both me and a friend just received a pair of liquid's each and I would buy another paid again in a heartbeat before any pair of gatorz. They are simple and solid.

As are gatorz!
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

As are gatorz!

Not true, if you had one of each in your hands you would note a big difference in the quality and construction.

The man who owns Liquid, used to own Gatorz until he sold it some years back. Liquid's eyewear is made in the USA and is ANSI z87.1 certified, meaning that your cool looking sunglasses can also be considered safety glasses and will afford your eyes protection. Gatorz are made in China, have no type of safety rating and really afford you no protection as the lenses can and do break.

Liquid's were designed to be bent to better fit your face, Gatorz were not and that is one of the reasons people have issues with broken or cracked lenses when they try to form them. The metal used in the Liquid glasses is of a higher and thicker quality and can handle being shaped without distorting the optical clarity of the lens or cracking it when done properly. Liquid actually supplies instructions with their glasses on how to properly mold the frames to fit your head better without damaging your glasses.

But don't take my word for it, check out a pair yourself, I'm sure you will be able to see and feel the difference between the two and realize, that the Liquids are in a league all their own.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I had a pair of wrapters by Gatorz and as luck would have it I was on a jump run a few months back and was in the very back of the aircraft (otter) and when I came out to prepare for my jump, the gatorz caught on the frame of the airplane and the hinge snapped in my hand and I had them for 5 years before that...the lenses were all scratched up and needed to be replaced. I took Scott's advice and purchased a pair of liquid's...(player) I will say that it is nice to have hinges...this is ultimately the part on my old glasses that broke. I just stick the liquid on top of my receding hair line and when the become to the point where they feel too tight I take them off and leave them in my car. I personally think that the gatorz craftmanship wasnt all that because within a few weeks of owning them in a hot texas summer the rubber on the temples became hot and the adhesive wore off and soon I was wearing them without the rubber lining on the temple. I like my liquid glasses alot...

I realize this thread has been dead for two months but I wanted to add my two cents.

My wife got me a pair of Liquid Gaskets for Christmas with the smoke polarized lenses and gunmetal frames. We thought they would be a dull finish light gray frame. They ended up being a mirrored finish with a gunmetal tint. Awesome look, but not my look.

I gave a call to Liquid and they gave me a quick RMA # and turned them around within a week to the black frames.

I was hesitant at first about the non folding sunglasses, but the fit and feel are second to none. I never put other sunglasses on my head because they would fall off, but that is where I keep these half the time. I have the case which is great if a little more cumbersome than normal cases.

There was an article posted in the Yuma Sun today about the company.
http://www.yumasun.com/news/linde-67910-sunglasses-yuma.html

Forgot to mention: Someone asked in another thread a while ago about how the polarized lenses work with the neptune. I only have a Ruggedized N2 here but if the altimeter is on your left hand you should be fine. The screen blacks out if you tilt the Neptune about 30 deg to the right(CW). Straight on it is slightly darkened and tilted 30 to 90 degrees to the left (CCW) the display seems normal or clearer through the glasses than normal. I think it is just a glare reduction off the glass face.

If the altimeter is mounted on your right hand it may be tougher and I wouldn't necessarially recommend it without trying it on the ground first.

Forgot to mention: Someone asked in another thread a while ago about how the polarized lenses work with the neptune. I only have a Ruggedized N2 here but if the altimeter is on your left hand you should be fine. The screen blacks out if you tilt the Neptune about 30 deg to the right(CW). Straight on it is slightly darkened and tilted 30 to 90 degrees to the left (CCW) the display seems normal or clearer through the glasses than normal. I think it is just a glare reduction off the glass face.

If the altimeter is mounted on your right hand it may be tougher and I wouldn't necessarially recommend it without trying it on the ground first.

I've jumped with my polarized liquids with my non ruggidized N2 and while it wasn't very clear, I could generally make out the numbers on the screen. It did take a few extra seconds than normal to see what it was though, and for that, I don't want to jump the combination without trying to minimize the effect.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message