KrisFlyZ

Where did/will you buy your first rig?

So where/from who did you buy your first rig at?

I brought mine in parts, still not done.

At DZ gear shop
================
Alti-2 Neptune Altimeter.
Z1 Helmet.
Jumpsuit(on order).
Sabre 2 canopy(the one for sale).

Internet dealer
============
Mirage G4.
Sabre2 Canopy(Custom colors on order).

bought my first rig from a firend. Javelin J5, Sabre 190, Raven 2, 4 year old Cypres, $2,300. Planned on putting another 500 jumps on it but since it got torched I'm gonna buy my first custom rig soon...hopefully

Sabre 2 170 (on order, custom colors)
Raven 1 (on its way)
Vector 3 (have yet to order... thinking about another Jav, undecided)
Cypres (looking for another used one)
Pro-Dytter (on its way-Larsens & Brussgard rocks. they're replacing my torched one for free)
Helmet (undecided)
Jumpsuit (undecided)
AltiMaster Galaxy of course (already arrived)
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Square3's used gear network, and the main from a coworker in manifest. Replaced with my roommates main. Replaced with another friends main and a new rig ordered via Majik/another friends reserve.

I buy a lot of gear from friends. :)

Bought Mine from a local rigger in Wichita who was running a little operation of moving rigs around to buyers. Not a bad deal, got the whole set up (98 Dolphin, 2001 Tempo, 97 PD193) and a brand spanking new Cypres2 for $1,900
=========Shaun ==========

Dropzone dot com.

Thanks so much to the folks who assembled and maintain this website. I bought 2 great rigs using the classifieds. Each time, I bought the container and then the reserve together, and then a separate main, all off the classifieds. I was smart when I shopped, and dealed and everyone - buyers and sellers alike - is happy.

;)

FunBobby

Bought my first and only from a gear dealer.
I got a fair price on the rig considering I guess.
A 2nd hand cypress burned a whole in my hip pocket but thats what ya get for not paying cash.
Moral...
If you are buying second hand you have way more leverage if you have the cash up front.

P.S. I gurantee that as soon as you buy, a better deal will be advertised a week latter.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Ugh, I shudder to think of how much I spent in rental fees before a used rig found me!

I now own a Javelin with a Lotus 170. The container/reserve/new Cypres 2 were sold to me by Tom Collins here at Skydive SoBe. The Javelin had only a couple of jumps on it, by a guy who was going to buy it but couldn't. The reserve, a Raven 181, is new, the Cypres 2 was ordered and sold to me for cost, apparently. The Lotus 170 has a couple hundred jumps on it, and is now equipped with Slinks, a dual-cinch slider, and a collapsible pilot chute. I'm quite happy with the whole rig. It sure feels great to join the ranks of skydivers with their own equipment.

I plan to make my own Monkey's Fist pilot chute handle. I'm an old hand at Monkey's Fists, but when you start to try to make them with NINE turns instead of only THREE, it gets quite complicated and you have to build a frame to help tie it around the golf-ball core. I'm eager to fly a rig that has some part actually hand-made by me. :)
---Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I bought my first one mostly new in pieces through the internet. Second one(sold the first to a guy at the dz) bought new from the dz(gear store) I am in the market for another one and i will buy it in pieces from here

B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Square 2
-----------
Eclipse AA Container (used)
Sabre 135 (used)
Firefly pants, helmet, dytter and alti all new...

Airspeed
----------
PD 126 reserve

Acutally I am in the market for a new main. I still want to buy used. I just want something that will open nicer. I wish I could afford a new canopy cause I would order the Fusion 120 that I demoed at the holiday boogie...it is sweet...However those are new canopies and in the $1700 price range. I am also looking for somethind used along the lines of a VX 100, not for me of course, but for someone else that does not have computer access.