mchamp

What rig do you own and......

Ok ok ok ok ok I know I already put my piece in on this thread....But there is something rig Manufacturers do and it absolutely drives me nuts. Even some of the best are guilty of it. Mirage, Vector, Wings......

Quit putting the packing data card in a flap under the mudflap.. Why do they put it there? Card end up getting wrinkled and worn to hell there. I like packing data cards kept on the backpad, but that is just me.
=========Shaun ==========

Ok ok ok ok ok I know I already put my piece in on this thread....But there is something rig Manufacturers do and it absolutely drives me nuts. Even some of the best are guilty of it. Mirage, Vector, Wings......

Quit putting the packing data card in a flap under the mudflap.. Why do they put it there? Card end up getting wrinkled and worn to hell there. I like packing data cards kept on the backpad, but that is just me.

on the vector it IS in the backpad..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I like packing data cards kept on the backpad, but that is just me.

I've only had a Javelin and a Wings (and jumped Javelins as a student too), but I prefer the mudflap pocket. My packing data card does not get worn or wrinkled there, but that might be because the swedish cards are made of pretty thick paper (and we get a new one each year). The one that came with the rig did become pretty wrinkled and it was made from some really thin paper.

And I wish they would've put it just about anywhere else, its a PITA to get to it while the main is packed (assuming your data card goes in the pocket/tab at the bottom of the backpad)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

And I wish they would've put it just about anywhere else, its a PITA to get to it while the main is packed (assuming your data card goes in the pocket/tab at the bottom of the backpad)

probably can never satisfy everyone..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

on my micron rig the cypress control unit is placed on the backpack part of the rig, between the spacerfoam parts...just as ordered. Agree its a better placement than having it hidden under the reserveflap

i dont like the placement under there much myself, but it makes you check your reserve-pin pretty sure at least once a day; from that point of view, the placement there makes some sense..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

on my micron rig the cypress control unit is placed on the backpack part of the rig, between the spacerfoam parts...just as ordered. Agree its a better placement than having it hidden under the reserveflap

i dont like the placement under there much myself, but it makes you check your reserve-pin pretty sure at least once a day; from that point of view, the placement there makes some sense..

According to atleast one rigger from UPT, that's the exact reason for the move. ;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

According to atleast one rigger from UPT, that's the exact reason for the move. ;)

it is a little finnicky tough; and you kinda have to yank rather harshly sometimes to get it out. dont know how much the cypres likes that treatment..

and if you're in a little of a rush, shutting on the cpres may be completely "forgotten" about. as i stated above, you can probably never satisfy everyone..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

you kinda have to yank rather harshly sometimes to get it out.

Please clarify what you mean.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

well, it's tucked under there pretty good. it's not like you get it out "easy". and to keep on rotating it alongside the cable is sure not gonna do it any good.
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Mine isn't that tight. The container is full, but there is a good enough amount of space to be able to rotate the display up. I just have to push the top flap up a little more (at the yoke) I never have to yank any cables.

well, it's tucked under there pretty good. it's not like you get it out "easy". and to keep on rotating it alongside the cable is sure not gonna do it any good.

I still don't understand, guess I didn't realize exactly how it is done on a V3. I thought my Infinity was nearly identical in respect to the location, and I never have to "get it out/rotate it". All I have to do is open the reserve flap and look at it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I still don't understand, guess I didn't realize exactly how it is done on a V3. I thought my Infinity was nearly identical in respect to the location, and I never have to "get it out/rotate it". All I have to do is open the reserve flap and look at it.

sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words.

first picture, reserve-flap as it sits, second, pulled up a little, control-unit is visible and button accessible, but cant really see the screen, and since you're supposed to observe the screen, you have to rotate the little pocket in which it sits out, as seen in the third picture..

i hope i made myself clear now!? :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I did not know the V3 had the cypres control unit like that - I would also not want to have to dig it out every time to look at it.

Attached is a pic from my Infinity, which also locates the control similarly, but there is no problem accessing it.

I did not know the V3 had the cypres control unit like that - I would also not want to have to dig it out every time to look at it.

Attached is a pic from my Infinity, which also locates the control similarly, but there is no problem accessing it.

V3 micron that is to be fair; dont know how the bigger rig looks like.

i dont really know what's better, i got outstanding service from UPT, think i'll keep on buying from the in the future if need be. tough i think that rig will last me a lifetime! :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Here's an idea perhaps.....

So you look up and its a complete shit canopy and you cutaway. Any way of connecting your mal main to a 3 ring cutaway weight belt without adding any additional forces? aka your weight belt is connected somehow to your main perhaps via some lanyard without impeding/hindering the canopy cutaway.

Of course this would be an OPTION to hook up your weight belt to the canopy/cutaway system and would still function normally with or without a weight belt

Obviously there are a lot of conflicts and concerns and perhaps would add additional risks regarding hooking it up properly

1 benefit would be that once your main is is chopped you would know exactly where it would be since it wouldn't float away..as much?

2nd benefit would be a lower reserve wingloading

3rd benefit would be in the future perhaps could put a GPS device within the weight belt to track the canopy's location

Thoughts?
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

So you look up and its a complete shit canopy and you cutaway. Any way of connecting your mal main to a 3 ring cutaway weight belt without adding any additional forces? aka your weight belt is connected somehow to your main perhaps via some lanyard without impeding/hindering the canopy cutaway.

Of course this would be an OPTION to hook up your weight belt to the canopy/cutaway system and would still function normally with or without a weight belt

Obviously there are a lot of conflicts and concerns and perhaps would add additional risks regarding hooking it up properly

1 benefit would be that once your main is is chopped you would know exactly where it would be since it wouldn't float away..as much?

3rd benefit would be in the future perhaps could put a GPS device within the weight belt to track the canopy's location

Thoughts?

That seems like it could work in an ideal situation, but under less than perfect circumstances when you want to get away from your main as quickly as possible, the weight belt would slow the main down as it leaves your body. Also, in a crazy cutaway you would not want to take a weight to the head and possibly get knocked out. It is a good idea to try and be under a lower wing loading for your reserve, but I guess that is a risk you should be willing to take when you strap a weight belt on in the first place. :P

Thoughts?

K.I.S.S.

~NEVER drop anything from altitude that you wouldn't want to have land on your mother's head.

Reckless endangerment lawsuits aren't covered by USPA insurance!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

In a recent forum a guy mentioned a butt strap, perhaps a bungee wasn't sufficient for him.

Has anyone wore any spine protection such as POC Spine ERGO under their jumpsuit without any problems with flying? Flexible enough?

I wonder if any spine protection could be built into future rigs? I suppose most people that it would help (swoopers) usually extend their chest strap which just about almost has their rig off their back anyhow...hmmm
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

I wonder if any spine protection could be built into future rigs? I suppose most people that it would help (swoopers) usually extend their chest strap which just about almost has their rig off their back anyhow...hmmm

I think that would be more problems than it would 'solve'. Rigs would be MUCH more difficult to find used and have fit correctly.