harro

Touring the USA

Come in late July, early August. Swing through Chicago and hand at Skydive Chicago. It's also a hop, skip, and a jump from the WFFC in Rantoul. Spend some days there. And you can also enjoy the SummerFest boogie at SDC same time.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

OK folks, Im looking to come to the USA this year and Im wondering when would be the best time to come ?
Also where would be the best place to go ?

Thanks

I am sure you will get a variety of opinions - but for the best guarantee of "jumpable" days, Eloy, AZ is really hard to beat. I think they have something like 340 jumpable days out of 365.

A Caravan, Two Twin Otters, a DC 3, and great coaching. SkyDive Arizona is pretty top shelf - Also, very large area of land outs if need be with no fences, trees, etc...

Hot in the summer months, but Florida can be very oppressive in June/July as well.

Drop zone is closed down on Tuesdays and Wednesdays June/July I believe -

I was just there in December, and am going back in Feb - generally a great group of folks there -

TOM

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

A Caravan, Two Twin Otters, a DC 3, and great coaching. SkyDive Arizona is pretty top shelf - Also, very large area of land outs if need be with no fences, trees, etc...

TOM

Caravan? You mean Skyvan? and I believe they have 3 Twin Otters not two. And 2 King Air 100s and a Porter. Oh yah, and last time I saw they had a couple fo L-39s. For entertainment purposes of course. ;)

TOM

Caravan? You mean Skyvan? and I believe they have 3 Twin Otters not two. And 2 King Air 100s and a Porter. Oh yah, and last time I saw they had a couple fo L-39s. For entertainment purposes of course. ;)[/reply

Excuse my 3:51 AM thinking!!

Stupid mistake - Yes, Skyvan -

But only ever saw two Twin Otters. Was not aware of the third...

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

If you come to the US you have to come to New York City! Anytime of the year is good, but I would lean more towards the warmer months so you can actually enjoy yourself....I'd be glad to give ya a tour of the city and a ride up to the ranch to jump!!

*daizey*