bodypilot90

what's your phobia

I'm afraid of encountering jellyfishes while swimming. I stopped six inches short of one in Cabo two weeks ago.

I'm also afraid of falling from way up high. It's not basic fear of heights, it's fear of falling. Skydiving has helped this. :)
I'm afraid of spiders, too. But my fear of spiders (and jellyfish) is not overriding; I can still react reasonably, I am just particularly biased toward caution in these situations. This is a good thing because my house is infested with tegenaria agrestis. :( (Clicky is highly representative of their appearance in my home.)

I think I may also be gamophobic. Maybe it's just stop-skydiving-a-phobic.

Ooh, also burn-in-a-phobic. So I try to land sensibly.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

My phobia isn't on there. I am afraid of aliens abducting me.

Me too. Everyone makes fun of me for that too. Other things i'm scared of:

Clowns
Spiders
Heights
Water
Sleeping

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Spiders and (don't laugh) heights.

I can't stand on top of roofs and stuff without getting really nervous. Another reason I want to BASE jump, to beat that damned fear.

I agree with you on both of those. But the GF disapproves of BASE jumping.

I REALLY hate spiders.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Gonna sound ridiculous, I know... but I'm afraid of heights. Now that link says that it's 'Acrophobia', but I thought that it was actually agoraphobia?? A skydiver afraid of heights...sheesh....

I'm with you on that one. Very Afraid of heights! I'm fine with my rig on (or repelling/ascending on a rope)

also afraid of bees, go figure:S
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Would have to answer "None" to the phobia question. Many people confuse phobias with normal fear. I heard a psychologist once explain the differences in fear and phobias in the best way...

Pretend you have a fear of snakes. A lot of people are terrified of snakes. A good way of knowing if you have just a normal fear or an actual phobia was described by this doctor as this...

"Pretend you are walking across a field and see a snake. If you get scared you may not neccessarily have a phobia. Now, let's say you are flipping through a magazine and see that same snake in a picture. Do you get the same fear just looking at a picture of a snake? If so you may have a phobia."

That to me was a pretty cool explanation of the differences of fears and phobias.

Forty-two

Anyone ever thought about where all these phobia names came from? Was there some guy sitting alone in a room thinking these name up???:)
As far as my phobia, I honestly can't say I have one that I know of. Maybe I'll find one on the list...:ph34r: