outofit

has anyone ever been hypnotized?

I was hypnotized when I was about 18 yrs old. It was on the stage of a live theatre, and the house was packed.

he guy told me I had caught a big fish, and I should hold it up for everyone to see (which I thought I did). He had me take off my shoes and empty the sand from the (make believe beach) out of my shoes.

He then told me that when he opened my eyes, I would walk across the stage, down the stairs, and up the aisle, but I would not get to my seat...I would stick to the floor.

He made me open my eyes, and it happened just like he said.

I got a few feet from my seat, and I couldnt move. He asked me what was wrong, I told him I was stuck.

He said that when the guy sitting in the aisle seat said "butter and eggs" I would become unstuck.
The guy said it, and I went and sat down.

It was a funny experience

Bill Cole D-41

I went to a hypnotist show with the DZ crew a few years back. I got was one of 10 people picked from the audience. He got 5 or 6 of us under and excused the rest. Then preceded to ask us to do some funny stuff. A pile of napkins was thrown on the ground and we were told that they were hundred dollar bills and that we should get as many as we could, but to stuff them in our pants cause the others would try to steal. Later in the show, out of no where he said that the money was on fire, and clothes started flying everywhere. We also were all in labor at one point.
It was fun to do. I remember it, it just felt like I was in a dreamlike state where I didn't care what I did. I stayed for the second show to watch from the audience. That made the experince even better to see what you just went through. It was hilarious.
So yes it works, but from what we said it will not work on everyone and of course, you have to be willing to do it.
Jeff

i went to a hypnotist show in college. wanted a good laugh.

by the end of the night i was on stage being laughed at. they did age regression on me, and i remember nothing except the guy gave me the transparency of me signing my name at age 5 and drawing a picture of my house and "mommy"

yikes!

__

I'm skeptical about it, but I've never been to a show or had it attempted on me.

I guess I've put myself in a near-hypnotized state in various ways, but not using a hypnotist.

I have a fraternity brother who was picked from the audience back when we were in college. He was featured in the college newspaper story about the show, but said that he had "gone along with it," even though not hypnotized. I have since wondered if that means that many people just play along 'cause it's funny.

I guess I just don't believe -- partly because I don't want to believe -- that we can be programmed by others and have subroutines run in our heads (money on fire, etc.) that get triggered when someone says a word, etc. That's an uncomfortable thing for me to conceive of. I don't like the idea of my will being tampered with. I probably would not want to be hypnotized, yet part of me thinks I might like it in spite of that. I like a floaty, relaxed feeling. (Might this be part of why I skydive?)

---Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I went to a hypnotist after my last jump. I'm an AFF student and I didn't land so well, to put it mildly, on that jump. I wanted to remember anything that I forgot and know exactly what happened. I'm sure I was hypnotized, but i didn't remember anything new. Either there was nothing new to remember, or it didn't work.