Ion01

Neoxs audible question...

I just got the Neoxs audible altimeter and have a couple of questions that are not addressed in the instructions. First, what is the point of a countdown timer?
Second, after 30 seconds the unit goes to standby mode, does that mean you have to do something to turn it on before you jump or is it always ready to jump?

I have one...

The count down timer is a call timer, or count down until your next "now call". I never use it.

It goes into stand-by mode, but it's always ready. You NEVER have to 'turn it on'.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I wish it was a little louder when I'm wearing an open face (which is rarely) but otherwise it's very easy to use, I love the 3 dif alti alarm settings... think you'll like it.

ETA: I never look at my visual alti anymore so I'm thinking about getting a second Neoxs as a back up.

I wish it was a little louder when I'm wearing an open face (which is rarely) but otherwise it's very easy to use, I love the 3 dif alti alarm settings... think you'll like it.

ETA: I never look at my visual alti anymore so I'm thinking about getting a second Neoxs as a back up.

Are aware that you can adjust the alarm volume?

BTW, I like mine and especially like the aluminum case. I've busted a lot of plastic skydiving stuff over the years.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

BTW, I like mine and especially like the aluminum case. I've busted a lot of plastic skydiving stuff over the years.

REALLY!? How? The directions that came with mine didn't say anything about it...

I also read that you can select the different type of alarm you want but I'm not sure I got that right either... do you just 'stop' on the alarm tone you want to choose?

REALLY!? How? The directions that came with mine didn't say anything about it...

I also read that you can select the different type of alarm you want but I'm not sure I got that right either... do you just 'stop' on the alarm tone you want to choose?

Try this

http://www.parasport.it/download/NeoXs%20User%20Manual.pdf

Volume adjustment instructions are on page 7.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Did ya'll seriously work from that, "Quick Reference?" If you did, your good!!! It will take me sometime to figure that thing out. Is there a more detailed manual that you know of or is the Quick Reference guide as good as it gets???
Thank you for your time.

I found a great manual in the previous forums regarding the Neoxs. (Below) I have a full understanding and total user ability now that I have read this manual. Good luck

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4084391;search_string=Neoxs;#4084391