mrbiceps

para-flite 375 canopy as a tandem main ?

It was not designed for that type of load and would be a bad idea to try and jump it for that.

If it is the Mil version it is probably all F-111 type material and as old as you posted probably pretty well used up.

It could make a good decoration or boat cover.

But to jump it or even suggest it be jumped would be negligent.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I jumped one of those once. It belonged to a guy I know who weighed about 260 lbs. We used it to do Mr. Bill jumps, one with me hanging on (about 180 lbs.) and then one with him hanging on to me.
The uppers were howling and I ended up landing 2 miles away going backwards trying to hold the whole time. It truly is a goliath canopy.
Back to your question. I see that ad on ebay as well. And I do tandems as well. I would just say that I would consider it wrong to use a canopy that was not specifically designed for tandems with paying customers that don't know any better. However, I would be willing to use it to take you for a ride if you bring it around to my home DZ in Canada!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Found a para flite 375 goliath canopy brand new, 1993 model. does anyone know more info on this canopy like exit weight it is designed for and would this be okay as a tandem main? thanks for your help people.

MAX AUW is 360 lbs. No, not a good idea to use it as a tandem main.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Found a para flite 375 goliath canopy brand new, 1993 model. does anyone know more info on this canopy like exit weight it is designed for and would this be okay as a tandem main? thanks for your help people.

Nope, not a tandem canopy. Not designed as one. Remember that while a similar size as some modern tandem canopies, it was F111 and not the modern wing designs.

Not a bad Student canopy (when new). I flew them in both my static line and freefall rigs as a student. Along with the XL cloud and DC5.

Always wanted to get my hands on one again.

Jw
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

*** I've seen those the market, new models in good condition, with no lines, for about $30. I always thought it would be fun to get one, reline it for practice, and then jump it a few times.

I almost begged the new DZO that bought my home DZ to let me have the older model gear when he decided to update the gear (and again when he proceeded to close about a year later)... I know most were de-lined, but I could never find out where the canopies when... I suspect the scrap heap >:([:/]

JW

Along with the XL cloud and DC5.

Jw

I have a whole bunch of jumps on an xl cloud and a old school taffeta nylon true strato cloud plus cloud lites. but never jumped a dc5. the stories I've heard about them. i didn't miss much. but that IS 2nd hand info what's your take on the DC5 ? ?
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

DC5 -
...saved the lives of many free falling students (including me and my wife) :)
...only to leave them battered and bruised when we learned that they were designed to flare like a round.:P

JW