petejones45

GOT MY

"gonna pop my reserve and throw that puppy in there!"

that's the point.

whats the problem with that?

How many reserve rides do I need to have before I am allowed to pack my own reserve?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

that's the point.

How many reserve rides do I need to have before I am allowed to pack my own reserve?

What does that have to do with anything?
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

that's the point.

What does that have to do with anything?

Just trying to learn that's all. So far I only get to pack a main so I was wondering when I could start packing my reserve as well.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

that doesn't matter...

it's pointless to even try to talk to you. it does matter. you can "throw that puppy in there" if you like, but you'll be violating part 105 if you jump it.

this is the part where where you make a smart assed reply like "i wan't going to jump it" or "i was really, actually just going to open my container and put a cute little puppy in there"

go ahead:
Owned by Remi #?

that doesn't matter...

it's pointless to even try to talk to you. it does matter. you can "throw that puppy in there" if you like, but you'll be violating part 105 if you jump it.

this is the part where where you make a smart assed reply like "i wan't going to jump it" or "i was really, actually just going to open my container and put a cute little puppy in there"

go ahead:

I wasn't going to jump it(how is that a smartass comment?) , i'm practicing for my riggers ticket....

if its my gear i can do whatever i want, i doubt the cops will come over and arrest me for tinkering with something i own
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

? how about you read my previous posts and find out

I did they tell me nothing of value...maybe that was your point...never mind, keep shoveling whatever it is 'you' call it. ;)

ok well i'll stop shoveling snow and be at my computer 24/7 to satisfy your every need because you clearly need my help more than the elderly folk i do chores for. I'll make sure to put you in the obituary for the reason they suffered cardiac arrest from complications of shoveling snow

I wasn't going to jump it(how is that a smartass comment?) , i'm practicing for my riggers ticket....

if its my gear i can do whatever i want, i doubt the cops will come over and arrest me for tinkering with something i own

Ask the pilot how s/he is going to like it when the FAA writes him/her up aftter a ramp check for a rig that is not sealed properly. Bet that won't go over too well.

Damn it, fed the troll again!B|
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Ask the pilot how s/he is going to like it when the FAA writes him/her up aftter a ramp check for a rig that is not sealed properly. Bet that won't go over too well.

Damn it, fed the troll again!B|

Are you blind? read the post first

On an unrelated topic (;)) - are there any limits on the amount of misleading and irrelevant BS someone can post on DZ.com without being suspended/banned?

Just wondering....

"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

On an unrelated topic (;)) - are there any limits on the amount of misleading and irrelevant BS someone can post on DZ.com without being suspended/banned?

Just wondering....

If that be case then you should've been gone along time ago

Just wondering....

I sure hope not...the entertainment value alone is worth it's weight in fertilizer! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Who said you cannot get a maintenance with a Vigil ????
I have sent back my Vigil for maintenance and possible up date but unlike other AAD's competitors I took the decision to do it at a time and after a use suitable for me, just like a car. And doing so, Vigil people printed on paper a list including details of what they have checked or replaced (unlike one major competitor) ;)

Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

Just wondering....

I sure hope not...the entertainment value alone is worth it's weight in fertilizer! :ph34r:

It is interesting how when a new jumper finds this website, they feel the need to prove how little they know and make sure everyone else realizes it. After a while said noob posts less and eventually learns they have so much more to learn. But for that short period, we cardiac patients get to laugh at the over testosteroned know-it alls.

Bet Twardo is still laughing at me.:):ph34r:
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

i'm practicing for my riggers ticket....

From what you've posted so far, you seem to be without regular jumper-rigger communication so I'm wondering, how are you "practicing for (your) riggers (sic) ticket"?

Is "tinkering" what you are consider to be "practicing"?

The police won't give a damn what you do with your own stuff as long as you don't file a fraudulent report/insurance claim thereafter for whatever happens to it. Alternatively, however, the DZO, pilot and/or FAA might be interested if you show up with an illegal rig. In that case, more than likely, you'll only be inconvenienced; if there is an incident or problem, however, you might not find such a warm welcome.

My advice? Don't "tinker" with your gear; do you really want to be screwing around with your lifesaving gear? Ask your rigger to show you everything and he might just do so. Since you're going to have the Cypres installed the time is right.

While you're at it, have your rigger note the serial #s of the two Vigils and contact AAD about the Not Working problems you claim to have had. AAD would probably like to get the word out if there is a known issue with their device.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

From what you've posted so far, you seem to be without regular jumper-rigger communication so I'm wondering, how are you "practicing for (your) riggers (sic) ticket"?

pack and unpacking my reserve

pack and unpacking my reserve

Quick aside: Pete, you should try to put more effort into your posts, in terms of content. A few thorough posts are much more useful, meaningful and informative than many (many!) brief, obfuscatory ones.

Direct: OK. Are you doing so with any sort of supervision or training, be it formal or informal?

Airing, inspecting and packing reserves is just a portion of what is rigging. It's a very important part, of course, and there are many tips, tricks and techniques to correctly and properly AIRing reserves. At best you will re-invent the wheel if you're self-teaching. At the least you will teach yourself poor, improper and/or wrong techniques that you will have to unlearn and correct if you pursue a senior rating.

Talk to your local rigger. Soon.

And while I have your attention, I have a real and serious interest in the Vigil failures you have mentioned. PM me the details of those failures if you're not willing to post them publicly.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73