petejones45

GOT MY

gonna pop my reserve and throw that puppy in there

Think it will fit? According to your profile, you have a Vigil in your rig, and I don't think both will fit.

Are removing the Vigil? If so, why? It's certainly not timed out (no life limit) and it's not due for maintenence (no mx schedule). Why dump it for a short-lived, high-maintenence Cypres?

Did you ever even have a Vigil in the first place?

I'm confused, help me to understand.

Why dump it for a short-lived, high-maintenence Cypres?

I don't jump with an AAD but if I was to get one I would probably get a CYPRES. Not that I think it functions better than a Vigil but actually because of the maintenance. I use what I think is a comparable analogy with vehicles. I personally wouldn't feel safe in a car if no maintenance was ever done. Sure you could wait till the problem surfaced and was noticed but having it checked and a potential problem caught is very reassuring. Just a thought and if the analogy doesn't fit, I will have to think of another way to explain it.

Not saying that one is better than the other but the idea of schedule maintenance for me is psychologically comforting if nothing else.

I agree. I'm a Cypres guy all the way, but I'm still confused about the OPs situation. I know both AADs won't fit in the rig, but why remove an already installed Vigil? Was there a problem with the operation? Concern about recent misfires? Did the guy win the Cypres in a raffle?

I just can't get my head around it.

I agree. I'm a Cypres guy all the way, but I'm still confused about the OPs situation. I know both AADs won't fit in the rig, but why remove an already installed Vigil? Was there a problem with the operation? Concern about recent misfires? Did the guy win the Cypres in a raffle?

Judging from the OP's recent posting history, you may have to get used to the feeling.
I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

Judging from the OP's recent posting history, you may have to get used to the feeling.

Low blow
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Low blow

Not from where I'm sitting it's not. It doesn't help that you skipped right over responding to my posts to reply with your 'editorial' to hvance, when answering my posts would have also 'answered' hvance.

So what is it? Do you now, or did you then, even own a Vigil? Are you embarrased to admit that you just made it up when you filled out your profile, or embarrrased to admit that you bought a Vigil and now are switching to Cypres?

It's seems odd that a guy would be so excited about getting a Cypres that he would start a thread about it's arrival would have ever bought a Vigil in the first place. Why is it that you have all the answers in the world to every other question in every other thread you post in, but I can't get any response out of you in your own thread?

Tread lightly, my friend. I'm sick of your shit around here, and you can expect a letter by letter dissection of everything you post from here on in, be it in your own thread or commenting in another. There will be no PAs, but you can sure as hell expect some probing questions, all of them worded to make you look like the partially-informed newbie you are. I'm not telling you not to post anything, I'm telling you not to post anything without being careful.

gonna pop my reserve and throw that puppy in there

Think it will fit? According to your profile, you have a Vigil in your rig, and I don't think both will fit.

Do you really think that was his plan to put two AAD's in his rig or is it stir the pot time?

Unbelievable. :S

There is always one in every crowd.

Dude, I thought you owned not one Vigil, but two:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3981129;search_string=vigil;#3979495

Amazing that in your short career you "had trouble" with both of them.

Hey, ain't you That Guy who had two PCITs within your first 7 jumps?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3700219;search_string=petejones45;#3700219

Dude, I thought you owned not one Vigil, but two:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3981129;search_string=vigil;#3979495

Amazing that in your short career you "had trouble" with both of them.

Hey, ain't you That Guy who had two PCITs within your first 7 jumps?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3700219;search_string=petejones45;#3700219

Dude! whats your point!
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Not from where I'm sitting it's not. It doesn't help that you skipped right over responding to my posts to reply with your 'editorial' to hvance, when answering my posts would have also 'answered' hvance.

sorry i guess i didn't realize i had to cater to your needs when it came to answering posts! maybe i'll get my son to set up something on my blackberry to let me know when you post so i can answer it right away!

sorry i guess i didn't realize i had to cater to your needs when it came to answering posts! maybe i'll get my son to set up something on my blackberry to let me know when you post so i can answer it right away!

That already exists just activate it.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

That it is hard to believe, it's almost like your "That Guy" at the DZ. The who has been through it all, done it all, and we all know he just started and has not done shit.

Matt

Aren't they lookin' for a new door gunner on the space shuttle? ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You're free to read or reply to any posts any time you please. However, when you skip over my posts #8 and #10, and reply to only to post #11 with a reply that adds no useful information to a thread YOU started, it's bullshit and I'm calling you on it.

Like I said, along with many others here, I'm sick of your bullshit and I'm going to call you on all of it. It does seem like you have an awful lot of 'experience' for a guy with 100-some jumps, maybe a little too much. Like any other 'experienced' jumper, you can expect your posts and opinions to be examined under a microscope, and any tiny imperfection to be highlighted and pointed to as a weakness.

Such is the nature of those operating at a high level, the broad strokes are a given and it's the fine details that become the focus of attention. Typically the degree of that focus varies based on the source of the information, and less experienced jumpers will be held to a lower standard. With the wealth of experience and knowledge you claim to have, we can forego those 'kid gloves' and hold you to the same standard as our best and brightest.