DemolitionDarby

"Death stick" flying

First a post about wanting to fly a freak with way under the recommended jumps (sub 100 in a swift) and now as long about how to use a death pole? :S

Why? It's not that cool of a shot when skydiving. And besides the safety risk, I've seen plenty of them get stuck behind a slider or slapped by a riser and then you loose your GoPro.

Whats the point of living if you aren't doing what you love?

Remember that often nicknames (for objects and people) have been given for a reason.

Additionally, after a quick glance at your stats: Until you are in the top 1% (experience/time/skill) it is not generally smart to try emulating the advanced techniques/tools/toys shown off by the top 1%.

You would like to be given advice on how to mitigate the safety risks and avoid entanglements... My recommendation for step #1 is more time and experience under your belt. You are already indicating that you are wing suiting and running camera with only 1 year in. (and many will argue over whether 300 is a lot of jumps or not or immaterial... I'll leave it to them on that) Patience and practice what you are already doing would be my recommendation.

Just my $.02
JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

You can lead a horse to water...
But sometimes you just want to push its head under and hold until it stops wiggling...

JW

PS - no actual horses were harmed in this post... but one unicorn might have been.... (ain't tellin')
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

We have S & TAs for a reason. One of their jobs is to prevent the ignorant from killing themselves on the owners DZ. 300 jumps, camera, ws, death stick: Nope, take it somewhere else, my friend.
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures