flygirl03

Pilots check-in

I see so many jumpers here who are also pilots.
Just wondering how many of us there are.

Please list your pilot rating, your sky dive rating and which you did first.

Thanks!
Cin

I am a private pilot, an AFF student and I started flying first.

My FAA Licenses:

1) RotorCraft - Helicopter (am current)
2) Airplane - Single Engine Land

Started skydiving last year, but did Hang Gliding years before any of the above -

T.B.

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

Airline Transport Pilot AMEL with type ratings in HS125, BE400, MU300, BE1900
Commercial pilot ASEL & Rotorcraft Helicopter
CFI/CFII/MEI
Somewhere around 6200 hours of flight time right now..give or take 100(haven't done my logbook in about 6 months, but the company keeps the records I use to update it).. 300 of that is SIC jet time, the rest is PIC(I went the cargo route, flew single pilot for my first nearly 4000 hours).. 4000+ turbine, 2500 or so jet. Currently PIC on the Hawker 800/800XP.
Started flying in 1994

Started skydiving in 1996. Took a few years off due to injury. Somewhere between 800-850 jumps now(haven't logged in a while - let the pro track do it).

Did a short stint flying jumpers in '96 at a small cessna DZ. I've flown larger jump planes on occasion, but try to avoid it...I fly for a living, when I'm at the DZ, I want to jump.

Mike

Hopefully will get my private soon, any cheap CFIs out there?:)

I haven't worked full time as an instructor since early '97, but I still give instruction occasionally. I haven't done primary(ie private) training in 4 or 5 years, but I do occasionally do instrument, multi, CFI, etc. for friends...and I generally don't charge anything for it. Some people say I'm taking work away from full time instructors, but I don't see it that way...I don't teach just anybody, I only teach friends.

Mike

Asel commercial instrument, multi, retract, seaplane. Started flying when I was 14, private at 18, flew with my father for 8 years. approx 10,000 hrs total. Multiple aircraft from my first(traumahawk) to shorts 360's to airtractors to god only knows what else. favorite had to be a caravan on floats. That will pucker ya up on final!
Started skydiving when I was 16(1987) quit for a few years, took it back up. 1200 jumps or so now.

Tired of flying, wish I would fail my annual so they would pull my ticket and never have to worry about sitting in a cockpit again. Burned myself out bad flying bodys for funeral homes. It was a dead end job I guess you could say. Still dont know what to log in my books where it asks how many souls on board!!!!

"when I die, I want to go like my grandfather while im sleeping, not like the passengers riding in the car with me
Swoopster
A.S.S. #6 Future T.S.S holder

Still dont know what to log in my books where it asks how many souls on board!!!!

I think thats exactly why they use souls and not people. Sounds like an interesting job though. I thought most bodies get transported in the cargo holds of airliners. Is there really enough demand to need a company that only flies dead people?

Dave

Probably not anymore, the states have become so strict on transporting the deceased and the handling of them. Plus its probably much cheaper to cargo than private.

"when I die, I want to go like my grandfather while im sleeping, not like the passengers riding in the car with me
Swoopster
A.S.S. #6 Future T.S.S holder

I was a licensed private pilot before I became a skydiver and I hate to say it, but I haven't been at the controls of an airplane since May of '03. Both disciplines are ultra expensive and I chose skydiving over flying because I enjoy flying my canopy more than flying an airplane. But I do have to say that I have about 10 solo hours of mountain flight here in Colorado and those were the best hours of flying I've done to date.

Airplane Ratings:

Private Pilots Certificate, 170 hours and over 400 landings.

Skydiving:

D License and 575 jumps (all since July 14th, 2002).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Commercial, Multi, Instrument.
Never got an instructors rating.

Just over 1,000 hours multi and just over 1,000 hours single engine time.

Almost all piston, less than 50 hours of turbine time.

Time logged in over 65 different models of airplanes. (This is kind of a stretch or opinion as C-182, C-182RG, and Turbo C-182RG were counted as three different models.)
Almost all different models of Cessna, Piper, and Beech piston singles and twins.

Flown 26 Atlantic crossings and 3 Pacific crossings.

Still log about 100 flying hours a year but haven't done an ocean crossing since '95.

Current Skydiving ratings:
AFF-I, Tandem-I, D12622
Former Skydiving ratings:
S/L-I, IAD-I, Pro, S&TA

Private pilot (helicopters)

Loads of hours in fixed wing but no ticket. (Dad was a flying vet so got to learn for free :D )

Only 13 jumps but seriously hooked. Thinking of combining both by flying to the DZ ;)

Gotta love being in the air, inside or out, hey?!?!
Just show me the door....

Private pilot. Around 120 hrs.... Around 20 hrs of Acro.

10 years 3,000 jumps SL I and Tandem I.

Started both about the same time...Guess what I liked better?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

My sweetheart is a private pilot working on her instrument rating, moving on to her commercial license after that. We started jumping together back in June. I've been thinking about starting to take flying lessons for some time, but I just don't have the money right now, and if something has to give, it won't be skydiving. B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

oh yea I'm deaf and left arm amputee too..

Mike

My CFI/CFII was a left arm amputee. His prosthesis could get quite annoying, as it wasn't always where he thought it was!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I earned my PP SEL a lonnnnnnnnnnng time ago in another life (like way back in the early 70's), dabbled in aerobatics, too. Loved it. Not current flying, but am now a skydiving coach and that is 'more fun than a human being ought to be allowed to have'!!! I've got the best of both worlds: ride up in a small (relatively speaking) plane and then JUMP out of it! YEEHAW! I LOVE THIS SPORT!
Attitude is everything!

CAMEL/IA 5,500+ hrs, 2,300+ skydives.

First took the stick of a Cessna Skymaster in 1965. First jumped out of an airplane in 1971.

I have a Piper Cherokee and over 20 rigs of various descriptions.

I'd rather jump than fly. I've flown for a living, so I can see it as a job. I stick to recreational parachuting.

Blue skies,

Winsor