BoostedXT

Most Miles driven in 1 day?

Me and Treeboy drove from Dayton,Ohio. to Hollister, California. about 2,500 miles in 52 hours. and that included both of our cars breaking down, a blizzard in Montana, and heavy snow in nevada and Utah, a stop at the Chicken Ranch and allot of other crappy stuff along the way. this made for a good video called 2,940 frames to california that ill put back on my site with the soon to be released California Sky video shot at Adventure Center Skydiving and lodi and davis.

Scott

For me, it was a 925+/- mile trip from Washington, DC to Tampa, FL in 1995. I-95 to I-4...covered it quickly too. That leg of my overall trip (from CT) took just under 12 hours. I remember making one stop along the way. :S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Drove from Phoenix to Kansas City (Mesa to Bonner Springs but you know) in just under 24 hours. 2 drivers stopping only for gas, food and nature calls. The distance was just over 1400 miles.

then you took a goofy route...hell ive dine phx to minneapolis and it was right at 1600 miles
"GOT LEAD?"

Boston to Milwaukee straight through by my self

Omaha to Bozeman MT and back with my wife - both directions non-stop and hit a snowstorm in Wyoming on the way up. We spent a day in Bozeman.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Lost an engine, located a new one, flew out, rented U-haul truck in Colorado Springs... up to Denver, loaded engine and started driving...

Colorado to home... 1427 miles in 21 hours (1.5 hours sleep and shower, 19.5 drive time)... had the new engine flying loads the next day...

Gotta keep 'em jumping!

Chris

OK....we all travel to the DZ from places far away, but what is the most miles you have ever driven in one day?

I just drove 1257 miles in 18 hours and some change.

Thats a long time to sit and listen to the radio and drive. Driving makes you sleepy.

Anyone?

Joe

I've done that two days in a row + a 6 hour third day. Cali to Quincy. Done that route many, many times....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Whats the most alone miles anyone has done?

In one day? The trip above.

Total? I drove alone from southern California to Rantoul, IL and back last summer - IIRC that was over 5000 miles total. Then I drove alone from southern California to Florida last September - IIRC that was around 4000 miles. Doing the CA-FL trip again - alone - in 10 more days. B|

And I thought I had it hard doing 1600 miles in 23 hours! (from Athens to the south of Turkey the long way...) but then again I didnt have proper roads for a lot of it... :S(I think that there ARE only 2 roads in Turkey!!) Thank god for satellite navigation.B|

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

I've done some NY-FL miles in my time, now.
In '94, my brother and a friend and I drove my brother's stuff to West Palm Beach from Smithtown, L.I. in one shot, straight through. Man I was fuckin' miserable on that trip. I wanted to sleeeep!B|

Somewhere in Georgia or so, we were in tandem (me in bro's CRX, him and buddy in the rental van behind me), and some cars ahead and some behind, about 3 or 4 a.m., pitch dark out... cruising at 70 or so down I-95... and out of the dark ahead of us come headlights... IN OUR LEFT LANE.

Some fuckin' psycho was coming toward us in our left lane, doing about the speed we were doing, right at us in the middle of the night. Fortunately everyone around us, and we, were in the right lane. (Interstate travelers seem to be the only people who still honor the "keep right except to pass" rule of old.)

We never found out how much farther back down our side of the highway this piece of shit made it, but I hope he didn't kill anyone but himself. And it was a good while before we got to the nearest exit he couldn've gotten on from...

When the buddy and I returned in the van to L.I., we made the trip express with one food stop in 19.5 hours (1300 miles). When we left West Palm, I was driving, and I didn't let the needle below 90mph until around Jacksonville. I have no idea how I didn't get a ticket or arrested going that fast for that long straight.

In March 2003 I went back to L.I. for a week's vacation, and I drove my Subaru there so I could go snowboarding (first time back to it in 6 years). I left WPB at about 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, drove to visit my ex girlfriend in St. Augustine and arrived around 8:30. Stayed til around 11:00 or so, and drove on to exit 97 in NC by 7:30 a.m., where I fueled up and then slept in the car til noon. Shopped at the JR outlet store and then at lunch at Denny's, and made Smithtown by 9:30 p.m. First thing I ate was a greasy cheeseburger deluxe at a Greek diner. Ahhh, home & heaven...

I once drove from home on L.I. to S.U.N.Y. Albany, 200 miles door-to-door, in 2 hours and 45 minutes. That's an average speed of 70-something -- which includes toll booths, local traffic, etc. I was in my dad's '84 Trans Am, and all the way up the Taconic parkway I had the needle buried past 85. ALL the way up. And there was a light dusting of snow falling. That was a great trip, but I'd never do that again. I was 18 and stupid then.

The next year, my brother swung down from Ft. Drum to get me in Albany, and he toked-up and slept while I drove us in his CRX home to L.I. through the snow on the Taconic. (This is a four lane highway with hills, curves, no lights... beautiful cruising road, like in the old game "OutRun.") I was doing 55-65 through about three inches of snow, passing the plows while bro snoozed. It was one of the most exhilarating drives I've ever done.

Then as a senior, I once used an entire half tank of gas just going wild doing donuts in the snow in the mall parking lot with a chick friend. Ahh, youth!

---Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

from salt lake city to rantoul ilinois in about 22 hours total if you include sleep time nd from columbus ohio to salt lake city in about 26 total.... last leg was like 1700 miles....

From Cincinnati, OH to Leadville, CO in about 22 hours. It's about 1800 miles and my friend and I left at midnight, got there at ten pm the next night. We were just so excited we were going we said fuck it, lets just keep drivin'. Drove in a jeep with the top off the whole way, helped keep us awake. I got a pretty bad sun burn though.

I was with you in spirit on that drive for sure..

Drove SEVERAL TIMES... Los Angeles I-10 all the way to Louisiana... and yes TEXAS IS TOO LONG>
What kind of state goes 200 miles in between gas stations and rest rooms. I was so ready to get there, I didn't stop from El Paso to Houston except for gas.. man that was a trek!!!

Ya know what always got me.. the radio. I'd set it in say, Tomoka Joes truck stop (in AZ) then somewhere after El Paso it wouldn't work, then somewhere around San Antonia the radio woud just start playing again... all those hours of silence and no radio then all of a sudden... used to make me jump EVERY time.

Ya know what always got me.. the radio. I'd set it in say, Tomoka Joes truck stop (in AZ) then somewhere after El Paso it wouldn't work, then somewhere around San Antonia the radio woud just start playing again... all those hours of silence and no radio then all of a sudden... used to make me jump EVERY time.

XM Radio is a beautiful thing...I'm taking mine with me(one of those Delphi portables) for my trek across the country on I10 next week. I'll have nonstop music, and no commercials.. B|

Mike

I drove 1126.7 miles (according to mapblast) from Los Angeles, CA, to Lubbock, TX, in about 19 1/2 hours on January 19th, all by myself. I think that is probably my new record.

It was my *first* (you don't have to say it) road trip with XM radio. I don't think I can go back to good ol' AM/FM--I'm hooked.

As for Texas being so big, when I drive to Eloy from Austin, El Paso is my 2/3 way mark. When I drive to San Diego, El Paso is my 1/2 way mark. You do NOT want to miss an opportunity to gas up on I-10 through West Texas. I decided at one point on the way out to Eloy that "1/2 tank should be plenty to get me to Ft. Stockton" from wherever the hell I was and ended up coasting into a KOA campground on fumes. Scary stuff.

--Douva
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Also I ahve done over 1000 mile on my motorcyclce in a 24 hour period. Iron Butts Unite!

Tennessee to New Orleans, grab a few cold ones and back... On my 1982 Suzuki glz650... one tired... ASS!

(just over 1200 miles... considerably less that 24 hours)

Yeah it was easy to do in 24 hours. We actually did it in 15 hours of drive time, but we had to stop and get beer every couple of hours and hang out. I think the Iron Butt Runs should be extenede to 1300 miles to make it a little tougher.

My longest drive was from Washington DC to Key West only stopping for gas. It took 22 hours and it sucked. I also had no radio in the car for the entire trip there and back (a week later).:(

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

I've got you all beat in a sick/sad way.
While nauesous, going on a family ride wiht Mother-in-law guiding us to a location she couldn't remember where. Hours were many miles were enough but, my insane short Mexican-in-law made the trip seem like eternity...:S (Driving Rantoul to Lancaster, PA with out sleep for 3 days was easy in comparison:))