skybeergodd

Look what I found

Look what some generous rigger left for me to find:o. This packing paddle was left between the fold of a VTCII 360. This is my 3rd tool to find during inspections and re-packs. Now all I need is a temp pin, locking pull up cord and knee plate and I'll have found my a nice second set of tools.

Becareful out there people, tool check lists are made for a reason!!!!!!

... Now all I need is a temp pin, locking pull up cord and knee plate and I'll have found my a nice second set of tools....

:DMakes me think of all the Harley parts I find along the road. Pretty soon I'll have a Fat Boy!!!;)

(Oops...a little off-topic)
I believe you have my stapler.

Putting your name and number on a molar strap is indicating that you considered losing it was a possibility. Thats just crazy because there is only 1 place you use it :S:S.

Hank Asciutto rigging rule #46: never write your name on you tools. :P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

During my Sr. course, in the interest of teaching you to resist distractions and not assume that an interrupted job was as you left it, some of the instructors would sneak tools/etc into unattended rigs that were in the middle of being serviced.

Most of us managed to keep our rigs from being messed with. Some had a wrench or paddle "dropped" to the rig once and learned the lessen. One student not only ended up with most of his tools in his unattended rigs at various points, but after finishing one interrupted pack job, later found his log book in the rig. He eventually got the point... but it took a while.

To this day, I use a tool checklist and do not let rigs leave my loft until I can account for all tools/weights/books/etc...

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

An advantage of the computer age is being able to give the customer a copy of the tool-count sheet with invoice and having a digital copy saved for future reference.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

I actually print off my generic receipt/checklist and hand check tools in and out. Once I'm done I photocopy it and I keep one copy and send a copy with the customer. That way if a copy gets altered I have the orginal to refer back to. Computer generated copies are just too easy to alter.

What boggles my mind is that it is far too small of a packing paddle to be of any use on that canopy anyways...

**I Know that isnt' the FIRST thing that I should be thinking, but seriously! It isn't even 1/2 as long as the width ~ how does that help a rigger make a neat fold??:S:S:S

=========Shaun ==========

Computer generated copies are just too easy to alter.

The customer gets a paper copy, I keep a computer copy. Better organized record-keeping for me. ;)
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

What boggles my mind is that it is far too small of a packing paddle to be of any use on that canopy anyways...

**I Know that isnt' the FIRST thing that I should be thinking, but seriously! It isn't even 1/2 as long as the width ~ how does that help a rigger make a neat fold??:S:S:S

There are other uses for a packing paddle than making a fold. However per the pic, it would appear to be how it was being used when left... Flags, larger tools (still be appropriate to the task), and check lists all help.

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...