souleh

BBC Blunder?

Don't think this has been posted; apologies if it has - did a search with no relevant results..

http://blugg.com/stuff/foxs_view_of_the_bbc_player.htm

Not quite sure what to make of this. It's certainly interesting to see it from another perspective though.. all to easy to get used to seeing an event the way you see something yourself and disregard how others view it.

So I ask now; how do you Americans view this? And your impression of the BBC?

Hmm.. :S

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

As an American living in England the last 3 years I never had a problem with the BBC, but I left a month after the war started, so I never really saw the BBC point of view. Someone killing themselves over what they reported is sad...no matter how wrong they were. Just MHO.

Who was that talking? I had no video. It almost sounded like Paul Tuttel Jr.

Edited to add: The last sentence (sp)

I'm not talking about what a reporter said....I know that David Kelly killed himself over the WMD report. I was just making a comment about the BBC reporting....and I still say:
"Someone killing themselves over what they reported is sad...no matter how wrong they were"

Fox news is the most twisted and perverse news station, If they can call themselves news, more corporate propoganda. The station itself makes me sick, but the people who buy into this pile of shit make me even more ill.

Wake up!!!!!

Please for the sake of humanity

Think for yourself!!!

Peace

Sean

Sean
Sean In Thailand

Very ironic that Fox presented this. Also interesting that the reporters exagerations where "lies" but apparently the Bush administration exagerations are just bad inteligence.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Did wonder.. I take it that's some part of the program where the newsreader/presenter doesn't have to be impartial and expresses their own views upon the nation? ;):P

John Gibson is a political commentator. He was on mSNBC for years until accepting a job with FNC. His show is commentary and he has people on from across the political spectrum to air their views. He gives his commentary of events at the end of his show and has been critical of the Bush Admin quite often. The clip you saw is John Gibsons opinion. He never pretends its anything but his opinion and anyone whos has ever watched his show, understands that. The BBC on the other hand portends themselves to be a News outlet. Big difference.

Fox news is the most twisted and perverse news station, If they can call themselves news, more corporate propoganda. The station itself makes me sick, but the people who buy into this pile of shit make me even more ill.

Wake up!!!!!

Please for the sake of humanity

Think for yourself!!!

Peace

Sean

Perhaps you could give us a couple of specific examples of what you mean here?

Fox news is for the same people who enjoy Jerry Springer and Ricky Lake.. It's News entertainment for the weak minded

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky

Fox news is for the same people who enjoy Jerry Springer and Ricky Lake.. It's News entertainment for the weak minded

Rather than throwing your little bomb, why don't you try backing up what you say with a little information? You could take a story from Fox as an example and then compare it to a story from another Television News source to show how Fox embellished the story to exploit its entertainment value the way Springer or Lake do. My suggestion would be to try and find a story on MSNBC since they never exploit a news story for its' entertainment value. Then your opinion would have a little substance and you wouldn't appear to be what you accuse those who watch Fox of being. :D

Rather than throwing your little bomb, why don't you try backing up what you say with a little information? You could take a story from Fox as an example and then compare it to a story from another Television News source to show how Fox embellished the story to exploit its entertainment value the way Springer or Lake do. My suggestion would be to try and find a story on MSNBC since they never exploit a news story for its' entertainment value. Then your opinion would have a little substance and you wouldn't appear to be what you accuse those who watch Fox of being. :D

I'll throw the bombs that I want to... I have opinions about fox, I dislike their reporting and content.

It has nothing to do with how one station embellishes a story compared to another it has to do with my personal opinion.. If you don't like it, you can bite me:P

I can't say that msnbc, cnbc, cnn are much better, Infact I think that there is little variance between them. That is why I get my news from the wall street journal and from the internet where I can research it myself without being bombarded with petty, trashy stories about Janet Jacksons tit, Michael Jacksons supposed boys, Hyped stories about abductions, carchases, Hollywood love scandals....Terror Alert High...Terror Alert High... And Sheperd Smith, What's with his Make up... Who is that Guy?

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky

What is your hypothesis for the well documented observation that FOX viewers are far more likely to have incorrect "knowledge" of current affairs than those who get their news from other mainstream media sources? And don't just ask for a link, it's been given on DZ.COM over and over again.

I have 2 hypotheses, and I don't know which is more likely correct: 1. FOX deliberately slants their presentation to lead viewers astray, and (2) Weak-minded individuals self-select to watch FOX in the same way they flock to other Murdoch media.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have a flag on my lapel. I must be right :S

I have no problem with that.. patriotism (sp?) is a good thing, having pride and respect for your country. But at the same time, I do believe that news reporters should provide an un-biased and impartial view of the world's news, providing facts and not fiction..

I do agree that the BBC attacked this from a personal angle - the BBC as an entity itself dug it's fingers in over this situation.. however, from watching the BBC news reports of it, it was still shown in an impartial light.

And as far as I know, the director general of the BBC has resigned over the issue, showing that he does realise there were issues with the way they acted over it.

But hey, this is media, right? News or not, I guess they still want to get most viewers. From what I can tell of Fox, they target their news at a certain audience (perhaps not those who read the FT/wallstreet journal?) - in an attempt to get most viewers. That's understandable.. although I do have issues with the way they tailor the news content to suit this approach.

Perhaps I'm being a 'dumb brit'?? :P[:/]

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

How did the Hutton enquiry become a debate over wether the BBC was Anti American? Surely this is egocentricity on a massive scale by Fox news. Actualy I thought the coverage on whole was acurate and non biased. But maybe that was the problem...
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

What is your hypothesis for the well documented observation that FOX viewers are far more likely to have incorrect "knowledge" of current affairs than those who get their news from other mainstream media sources? And don't just ask for a link, it's been given on DZ.COM over and over again.

I have 2 hypotheses, and I don't know which is more likely correct: 1. FOX deliberately slants their presentation to lead viewers astray, and (2) Weak-minded individuals self-select to watch FOX in the same way they flock to other Murdoch media.

The data is obviously flawed. Does it assume people only watch Fox News? Suppose they watch Fox News and MSNBC and read WSJ how were they catagorized. What if someone watches MSNBC 51% of the time and Fox News 49% of the time? How is that accounted for?

I think anyone who only gets their news from only one source is weak minded or ignorant. I know very few people who do.