SouthernJumper

Bird Man Flying 6ft down a Mountain~~~~~~~HOLY CRAP AMAZING

I've heard some wing suit guys talking about the possibility of landing on a ski slope with fresh powder
(without the use of a chute)

The guy says according to his pro tack his decent speed (in a wing suit)has been as low as 40 mph and if you can get at the perfect angle to the slope (much like the video) a person could pull it off.

Any takers to be the first????

Nick

Nick D

The key to Immortality is- first living a life worth remembering”

Your friends are smoking crack too. I have averages of about 48-52 mph in my S3 and thats fatal speeds. You need to get into the 20's or lower to think about landing. Its been discussed a dozen times in the Wingsuit fourm.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I was gonna ask the same thing. I want this DVD so bad I can taste it:S.

The DVD promo on PD's site looks like it is going to be pretty "High Energy!" Looks like lots of cool stuff. How does it or is it going to cost? Will it come out in a R1 format for US DVD players??

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Your friends are smoking crack too. I have averages of about 48-52 mph in my S3 and thats fatal speeds. You need to get into the 20's or lower to think about landing. Its been discussed a dozen times in the Wingsuit fourm.

Not to mention that when you're kicking that slowly downwards, your forward speed really starts getting up there.

It's a trade-off.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Not to mention that when you're kicking that slowly downwards, your forward speed really starts getting up there.

It's a trade-off.

Plus the wing span needed for that may have enough drag to do some damage to the person that flies it.

I wonder what the speeds of the downhill "extreme" skiiers are that are basically cliff jumping with skis and landing on slopes to slow their descent.

Theoretically...even if you had no birdsuit and no parachute...theoretically you could land on a snowly slope at the right angle if the mountain was sloped to the right angle and slowly changed, thus slowly changing your descent rate. theoretically.

therefore, theoretically if in a birdman suit and if the slope of the mountain was right....you could land it..even if you were going 50mph.

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings