Skyrad

Pet hates!

Before I get to my oh-so-thrilling-story, have any of you developed a sixth-sense sorta thing on the road, to where you can just tell what the people around you are about to do (with no other indication?)

I usually see things happening about 5-10 seconds before they happen. Does that make me a precognitive?

Uh, I dunno. Technically, I suppose...

Actually, upon further reflection, there are indicators that tip me off- speeding up just a little to cut me off, drifting towards one lane or another, generally driving like an asshole...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Actually, upon further reflection, there are indicators that tip me off- speeding up just a little to cut me off

It's the Suburban, sweetie. Dead giveaway every time around here.

I used to have a friend who drove some sort of land yacht truck who said it was impossible to turn from the right into the right, and from the left into the left, so he'd just do what he "needed to" and figured it was ok. NOT!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

People standing in the express line at a grocery store with a cart full of food

Me too. I think for me this is more than a pet hate. When I get behind people that do this at a grocery store, I loose all control of my mouth and stuff just starts comin out and it won't stop.

I also experienced today one of my other pet hates:
Don't you hate it when you're in the fast lane trying to get over but there's traffic and some jack hole comes rushin up on you ass knowin there's no way you can get over because of the traffic. I refuse to speed up to 90 in order to do so.

Yeah chewing (gum) loudly or with mouth open kinda gets to me. I know it shouldn't as so many people do.. have to train myself to ignore it more ;)

Also people who are in a smoking area with proper smoking bins to put the cigarettes in after use, who still drop them on the ground. I always throw mine away where possible [:/]

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

Big deal in a town of 50,000 people with a University of 20,000.

At Texas A&M we have something called Car Pool, its an organization that hangs out at all the bars in town and gives folks a ride home for free. Its helped a LOT. There's 45,000 student here, so yup, I understand!

Hey, I took that a time or two while I was there. And the best thing was that it was free!!!
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

Yeah chewing (gum) loudly or with mouth open kinda gets to me. I know it shouldn't as so many people do.. have to train myself to ignore it more ;)

Also people who are in a smoking area with proper smoking bins to put the cigarettes in after use, who still drop them on the ground. I always throw mine away where possible [:/]

I hate mouth noises in general. They just make my skin crawl. It's especially bad when it's really quiet in the room and someone is sitting there hoggin' down some chow like nobody's listening.
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

I usually see things happening about 5-10 seconds before they happen. Does that make me a precognitive?

Precognitive or... the source of the problem. ;)

Bwahahaa!!! :D

You have some of the best posts, happythoughts: short, clever and funny. Please don't ever leave, 'cause you rock. :)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

People who perform a "Mexican Roadblock" on the road. I hate those! But I am the first to admit if someone tries to pass me and I'm already going 15 over the speed limit then I sure as hell will mexican roadblock those sons of bitches.

What on earth is a "Mexican Roadblock"? :ph34r:

Btw, I agree with some of the others. My pet peeve is when people make noises with their mouth, too. It's disgusting. Also, halitosis (and all other body odors) is practically inexcusable nowadays. Brush your teeth...drink more water...use breath mints...anything, please...lol!

Sigh...my dislikes are different than my pet peeves. I do not like adult cliques. Usually these consist of hypocritical people, who think of themselves as overly important in relation to others. They demonstrate contempt towards certain folks, yet they consider themselves and their little circle of friends so incredibly influential. Not everyone is interested in every little event that happens in those people's lives, but they feel a need to demand attention, anyway.

I particularly dislike people who live as though there is no karma...aka people who intentionally hurt others (physically and emotionally).

People who perform a "Mexican Roadblock" on the road. I hate those! But I am the first to admit if someone tries to pass me and I'm already going 15 over the speed limit then I sure as hell will mexican roadblock those sons of bitches.

What on earth is a "Mexican Roadblock"? :ph34r:

Hmmm.......maybe I forgot to explain that. It's when you're trying to pass someone and they get up beside the car next to them and drive the same speed so you are blocked behind them and can't pass. It's called other names but Mexican Roadblock was the first thing that came to my mind. :P
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

Lol, Yeah your right i am a hypocrite, Im going to be an even bigger one.

I just recieved a call from a telemarketer, Its not bad enough that they call me and bother me but it really pisses me off when they call me ma'm or miss.

Do I really sound like a girl FUCK ME!

That shit always happens I always get hella pissed and yell at them then feel bad for yelling.

Heh

Peace

Sean

Sean
Sean In Thailand

When people think I'M the asshole for getting upset at THEIR mistake, ...

My theory is this is a psychological defense mechanism: always blame someone else. If a person screws up, they have to be mad at themselves, which is painful. It's much less painful (even pleasurable, in a self-righteous sort of way) to blame someone else. The key to maximizing the defense is for the person engaging it to believe it - to fool themselves. Like a liar who lies to cover his previous lies, someone who blames someone else incorrectly is now at risk of being wrong twice, and as a result will work even harder not to admit they were wrong in the first place.

Thus the utter futility of trying to explain to people who are mad at you for what they did that it was their fault.

Better to just beat their ass.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.