Skylark

Re: [BASE813] UK fatality - rig was "tampered with"

how many people would commit suicide jumping??? i know some have but you would not want to put your sport or yourself through such a thing...................you would want something calming and quick............ not knowing you are going in for 13000ft!!!!!!

I don't agree. If I'd had enough of living, I certainly wouldn't slit my wrists or struggle on the end of a rope. I'd have one last skydive, with friends. That's how I'd like to go. Quick, absolutely certain and the thrill of total ground-rush that none of us will ever live to experience ;)

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

Sure-but would you sabotage your rig, or simply not pull? There have been many suicides over the years , iirc most of them have been "no-pulls" with a note, though a few have been cut-aways w/notes, and I have even heard of one man who shot himself under canopy.

I've never heard of a skydiver sabotaging his own rig though, that would be a first.

I think this 'Theory' stems from two sources
1)The cops have NO CLUE and don't want to be left standing in this highly public case.

2) The public in general believes all skydivers are suicidal.

"Nothing is written"- T.E. Lawrence

Hey guys...I reckon this is going a bit over the top....unnecessary??....don't need to get too deep into this line....do we??

words of wisdom. this is not the venue for such ghoulishly tangential speculation. take it to talkback and see what kind of reception you get.
namaste, motherfucker.

Then I really don't think it was necessary for them to say so publicly in the first place, and it seems to have been a bit silly of them to have done so.....They could have looked at that angle, even to eliminate that possibility, without causing further distress....

Somebody knows.....

maybe the police used this as a diversion tactic... sayting they believe it to be suicide so the person responsible would let down his guard and slip up and tell someone... then it would get back to them... but that is speculation...
back to the point, they need to catch this person (people) responsible soon...

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

Note to all that the article illustrates the fact that the paparazzi are still watching this thread.

(hello all you reporters - why don't you post on a one of the other forums first to at least get the wording right for your articles - we'll happily help. Oh and go HERE)

I read something in the daily star 2day, ill post the full article 2moro sometime, Its titled
Skydiver: We know the killer.....And we'll nail him, say cops.
The outline of it is that they know the identity of the killer but they are just wanting them to confess, The dectective thinks they have been delibretly lied to and they are certain it was someone who knew him.
They are closing in on the killer day by day. As i say i will post the full story tomoro if no one else has.

***I don't agree. If I'd had enough of living, I certainly wouldn't slit my wrists or struggle on the end of a rope. I'd have one last skydive, with friends. That's how I'd like to go. Quick, absolutely certain and the thrill of total ground-rush that none of us will ever live to experience

Yes perhaps, and have your 'friends' clean up the mess afterwards, not to mention the horror and grief. Sure, if you have to go that way, go and do it over the desert or the ocean, far away from a DZ.[:/]

As we in Africa know - "If you're going to be dumb - you'd better be tough."
- Tonto

Odd thing to post, for a skydiver. If you wish to vent your strange views, may I suggest Talkback?

You may suggest talkback. But since the topic of discussion had turned toward skydive suicide, my post belongs here. It's certainly not an 'odd' thing to post for a Skydiver. I would imagine that we think about death and our own mortality a lot more than most. Every time we jump, actually. It's natural.

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience