Gators1240

Oxygen A3 Visor opening

Ive had the oxygen for about a month and a half now and have had no problems with it until today. I went to the tunnel with it as I have several times before but onced they bumped the windspeed up a little bit it kept coming open. Ive never had a problem with it before either in the sky or in the tunnel and was wondering if it just isnt designed for higher windspeeds like that or if there is something wrong with it. Anyone have any ideas?

Ive had the oxygen for about a month and a half now and have had no problems with it until today. I went to the tunnel with it as I have several times before but onced they bumped the windspeed up a little bit it kept coming open. Ive never had a problem with it before either in the sky or in the tunnel and was wondering if it just isnt designed for higher windspeeds like that or if there is something wrong with it. Anyone have any ideas?

Nope they're not made for higher speed skydiving. Funny though, they dont mention it in the advertising. They only tell you after you bought it and complain to them.
They also know they have a problem with the hinges. Specifically once the visor rips open the hinges are hooped. They will probably give you some song and dance (when you ask for replacement hinges) that it doesn't seal properly around your chin, or you didn't close it properly.:S Be sure to tell those Idiots your not happy with the product. Sooner or later they will have to either quit selling the product or put a damn lock on it. They know it's shit and you have every right to be pissed>:(

There rant over. now where's my fuckin blankie?

Who gave you a sour puss cookie?

To the OP:

The A3 is a good helmet if used as designed. It's an RW helmet, designed for flat flying and the speeds that flat flying sees. THe Hinges are nylon so once they have taken a hit from a visor being ripped open they should be replaced.

There are two things that can help prevent accidental openings. 1) Makes sure when you close the visor to firmly seat the TOP of the visor under the lip on the helmet.

2 if you intend to use it for higher than belly fly speeds or anything other than flat flying orientations, put a 3 inch pies of gaffers tape on either side of the lower edge of the visor where it meets the helmet.

If you want to judge my experience with that helmet, I've got more than 500 jumps on one, been selling it for 10 years, and was a tunnel instructor for 2 years watching people use them as well as flying them myself.

Now there are other fullfaces I'd recommend for freeflying over the Oxygen..... The Factory Diver, the Gas, the G2.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Thanks for the info, ive never had any issues with the guys at SkySystems and ill see about the hinges. I dont really intend the helmet for freeflying right now, im mainly doing RW, but they bumped up the speed in the tunnel for some drills I was doing. I put some tape on it after it opened and it was fine after that. I was thinking about maybe a cookie or a factory diver later down the road but I havent decided yet.

i also know someone at my dz who riveted button clips to the visor and helmet and he freeflys in his A3. he hasnt had a problem with it opening in freefall yet as far as i know.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

Get a Z1... Comfortable and completely FF friendly. I'm sure a lot of people that have the OA3 will defend it, but it's one of the shittiest full-face helmets on the market..
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----